Website Alinea International
About Alinea International:
Alinea International is one of Canada’s leading international development firms, providing management and technical expertise to developing and transitional country partners on projects that promote sustainable growth and meaningful opportunities for people to improve their lives. Over the past 30 years, we have implemented over 370 projects in more than 65 countries.
Alinea International has two offices in Canada and 11 offices around the world, including an office in Ukraine. Over the almost thirteen-year of Alinea International presence in Ukraine, the team successfully implemented five international technical assistance projects.
At Alinea International we value equity, diversity and inclusivity in everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer opposed to all forms of discrimination. We actively seek and encourage applications from people of diverse backgrounds recognizing that an inclusive workforce enriches our organization and achieves smarter, more innovative results.
Alinea is committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. Due to the nature of our work, all candidates will be subject to due diligence checks and extensive background checks where appropriate.
About the project:
In October 2019, Alinea International launched a new five-year project in Ukraine: Support Ukraine Reforms in Governance (SURGe). SURGe is a technical assistance project in Ukraine, funded by Global Affairs Canada and implemented by Alinea International Ltd.
SURGe’s Ultimate Outcome is to help the Government of Ukraine (GoU) to deliver governance and economic reforms that better respond to the needs of its citizens. To achieve this, the Project will strategically enhance and strengthen the GoU’s reform management functions, namely its capacity to undertake planning and analysis of reforms that consider citizen impact and to implement these reforms.
Reform initiative and position summary:
SURGe provides technical assistance to multiple Ministries to:
i) increase their capacity in the development of policies/reforms, strategic planning, monitoring and evaluation using RBM IT Tool (ProjectUA) in accordance to Results-Based Management (RBM) methodology, which is already embedded into Ukraine’s legislation,;
ii) implement a citizen-centric approach to policy development according to GBA+ methodology as stated in Ukraine’s legislation.
To achieve these objectives SURGe Project is developing software to automate the abovementioned processes.
IT Tool Integration Expert will be working with a Head of IT Unit and Senior ST Architect and the team to help provide assistance to selected GoU entity to analyze the existing processes for various levels of planning, M&E and reporting, will define the possibilities for further development and integration of software to automate processes of planning and implementation reforms. As an IT Tool Integration Expert, the candidate will conduct the integration and rollout of software in GoU within the requirements and the time.
Location: remote job position for now, with meetings in Ukraine once the security situation allows.
Reports to: Project Manager, Team Lead, Sector Lead.
Employment type: full-time, Monday-Friday.
Remuneration: fees are subject to negotiation and must not exceed established market rates.
The duration of the contract is 6 months with a possibility of extensions (subject of approval and implemented deliverables during a previous deployment).
For contracting (after the job offer is made), the selected candidate is expected to be registered as a Private Entrepreneur of the 3d group (consultancy services).
Indicative duties and responsibilities (scope of work):
● Identify and describe existing processes related to various levels of planning, M&E and reporting for policies and reforms (via document review, interviews, consultations);
● Conduct consultations with stakeholders regarding the new processes.
● Together with the GoU entity and SURGe, and taking into account international best practices, design the desired processes;
● Design the BPMN schema of the new processes and models of information flows;
● Prepare functional requirements for the creation of the system, which will be the basis for the preparation of the technical requirements for its creation.
● Document solution design including policy making, planning, budgeting M&E, reporting processes;
● Support implementation of these new processes.
● Develop related documentation.
● Participate in capacity building and software users support.
Preferred qualifications and skills:
● 2+ years of proven experience with business analysis, incl. min 1 years experience in projects related to re-engineering or transformation of governance/reforms business processes.
● 1+ years of proven experience with managing web/adaptive/cross-platform applications development.
● Experience in communication with clients (conducting a survey, requirements preparation).
● Experience in preparation of the project documentation (concepts, functional requirements, technical requirements, etc.).
● Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
● Understanding software development and operational processes.
● Ability to design new processes for GoU bodies.
● Ability to define, understand and translate business requirements into technical specifications for software developers.
● Knowledge of BPMN and/or UML, practical experience of process description.
● Strategic thinking, ability to understand the needs of the client, strong logic skills, ability to identify bottlenecks and develop solutions.
● Experience in consulting and coordination with key stakeholders.
● Proficiency in English.
● Master’s degree in Public Administration, Economics, Finance, IT or relevant field.
● Citizen of Ukraine.
As a plus:
● Experience working with task management systems (JIRA, Redmine, Git) and documentation (Confluence).
● Understanding the infrastructure elements used in building the target architecture of the solution (web-server, application server, database server, clusters, firewalls, AD, etc.).
1. Cover letter is mandatory to be considered. Cover letters should detail how you fit the opportunity, your daily fee and current availability.
2. Alinea International accepts electronic submissions only. Send your cover letter and CV to [email protected] till indicated deadline for applications.
3. Please, include following in the email subject line: [IT Tool Integration Expert: your last name, your first name].
Please note, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for follow-up. We do not welcome unsolicited phone calls.
Applications received after the indicated deadline and/or without letter of interest will not be reviewed and considered.
The interview process might start before the vacancy deadline.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email & cover letter where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com