DAI is a global development company with corporate offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, EU, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Palestine and project operations worldwide. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. DAI works on the frontlines of global development. Transforming ideas into action—action into impact. We are committed to shaping a more livable world. DAI and its employees are committed to confronting racism and holding ourselves accountable for positive change within the company and in the communities, cultures, and countries in which we live and work. DAI is committed to attracting and retaining the best employees from all races and backgrounds in our continued effort to become a better development partner. DAI upholds the highest ethical standards. We are committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment as well as other ethical breaches. All of our positions are therefore subject to stringent vetting and reference checks.
DAI is seeking qualified candidates for the Kyiv-based Accountant position on its newly awarded USAID Governance and Local Accountability (HOVERLA) Activity.
DAI Global is implementing the USAID-funded Governance and Local Accountability (HOVERLA) Activity, based in Kyiv, Ukraine. This project is designed to support Ukraine advance self-reliant local governance including legislative reforms, participatory strategic planning methodologies, service improvement, local economic development, civil society engagement, and capacity building of sub-national government entities. The Activity has three objectives:
- Objective 1: Ukraine’s system of local self-governance is increasingly institutionalized and effective
- Objective 2: More self-reliant subnational governance
- Objective 3: Citizens play an increasingly influential role in local governance processes
The Accountant is a key member of the finance team. He/She will play a pivotal role in assuring adherence to financial policies, project policies and procedures, regulations, controls, and reporting systems. The Accountant will provide accounting and financial analysis support to the project office and will ensure submission of financial reports based on internal deadlines. This position will ensure compliance of all accounting and financial reporting functions. Responsible for recording costs and day to day general accounting, accounts receivable/payable, payroll, risk management, managing partner relationships, assuring all backup documentation is audit ready, and troubleshooting accounting issues. The individual is also responsible for cash flow analyses, and the overall financial well-being of the project.
Objectives and Duties:
- Prepare vendor and payroll tax forms and ensure these are submitted in a timely manner.
- Prepare and submit monthly reconciliation reports for review.
- Monitor and report on partner/vendor payment schedules and obligations.
- Assist in preparing information for any contractual financial reporting requirements.
- Conduct daily reviews of backup documentation to ensure completeness, accuracy, and full compliance with DAI’s regulations.
- Ensure backup documentation is uploaded to relevant system according to set deadlines.
- Ensure that accounting policies and practices are carried out in accordance with the Ukraine Tax Code; project internal controls are established and implemented in accordance with DAI policies, USAID rules/regulations and the terms of the contract.
- Initiate wire requests for field project implementation.
- Verify vendor invoices for accuracy.
- Verify accuracy of expenses and project accounting codes.
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of invoices, advances and reimbursements, checks, and wire transfer payments.
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations and routinely monitors bank account balances.
- Compile backup documentation for all project related transactions and ensure completeness and appropriate review and approvals are documented.
- Responsible for maintaining file management systems for soft and hard copy documentation.
- Ensure that the taxes paid, tracked, recorded, and reported to Ukraine tax authorities and USAID.
- A. degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or equivalent.
- 4+ years of relevant experience and progressive responsibility in finance and accounting, office administration and/or project operations.
- Experience managing USAID funded projects is preferred.
- Experience with enterprise accounting software and Microsoft office suite. Excellent knowledge of MS Excel
- Demonstrated knowledge of internal controls and audit processes (e.g. procurement, local subcontract agreements, etc.).
- Demonstrated report writing skills in English is required
Interested candidates should submit their application through the following portal:
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover letter where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.
The deadline for applications – until the position is filled in. Due to a high volume of applications received, we are unable to contact each applicant individually regarding the status of their application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted in response to this job advertisement.