DAI is a global development company with corporate offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, EU, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Palestine and project operations worldwide. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. DAI works on the frontlines of global development. Transforming ideas into action—action into impact. We are committed to shaping a more livable world. DAI and its employees are committed to confronting racism and holding ourselves accountable for positive change within the company and in the communities, cultures, and countries in which we live and work. DAI is committed to attracting and retaining the best employees from all races and backgrounds in our continued effort to become a better development partner. DAI upholds the highest ethical standards. We are committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment as well as other ethical breaches. All of our positions are therefore subject to stringent vetting and reference checks.
DAI is seeking qualified candidates for full-time Administrative Assistant position in Lviv, Poltava and Lutsk to join USAID Governance and Local Accountability (HOVERLA) Activity’s team.
- Project Background:
The purpose of the HOVERLA activity is to facilitate the creation of Ukrainian local governance systems and processes that are more self-reliant, accountable to citizens, inclusive and able to provide services. The Activity has three objectives:
Objective 1: Ukraine’s system of local self-governance is increasingly institutionalized and effective
Objective 2: More self-reliant subnational governance
Objective 3: Citizens play an increasingly influential role in local governance processes
- Roles Purpose:
The Administrative Assistant ensures proper flow of the office procedures and provides support to the HOVERLA team and the senior management. The Administrative Assistant oversees maintenance and proper operation of the office equipment and keeps the office supplies in stock. This role includes working closely with the HOVERLA leadership team by handling clerical duties, coordinating calendars, and organizing meetings, and performing other duties as required.
- Objectives and Duties:
- Responsible for ensuring that project property is well-maintained, kept clean, used solely for intended official purposes, and used in accordance with terms and conditions of lease or rental agreements.
- Ensure that each lease and rental agreement is kept in its appropriate file location according to the Project Record Map, and that requests for payments are submitted promptly to the Finance department.
- Manages the process for stocking and maintaining office supplies.
- Maintain accurate and complete operational record-keeping and filing systems.
- Ensure that administrative records are well-organized, maintained and updated.
- Maintain communication with the main project office in Kyiv and DAI’s home office staff on administrative and operational aspects of the project.
- Maintain relationships with the landlord, office building management, and vendors or suppliers who provide administrative and/or operational project support.
- Support receipt and timely distribution of mail, DHL and other communications to responsible project staff.
- Coordinate conference room bookings on an as needed basis.
- Keep the inventory log up to date and accurate, make sure all asset items are labeled properly and in time. Perform inventory reviews annually.
- Prepare accurate and timely reports and other project documentation as required; maintain project files.
- Keep respective activity records in DAI corporate system (TAMIS).
- Perform other related tasks as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- At least 2 years of work experience in a NGOs, international organizations or local authorities.
- Proficiency using Microsoft office suite and other relevant software.
- Previous experience working in USAID-funded projects preferred.
- Good command of English.
- Proficiency in Ukrainian and Russian.
Interested candidates should submit their application through the following portal:
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover letter where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.
Applications will be accepted until August 16, 2021. Due to a high volume of applications received, we are unable to contact each applicant individually regarding the status of their application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted in response to this job advertisement.