We are looking for a qualified professional to fill the position of an Administrative/Financial Professional (Full time, 100%) in Kramatorsk/Severodonetsk for the project “Special Assistance programme to eastern Ukraine”.
The project is funded by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and implemented by GIZ. It supports the improvement of delivery structures in the social and health sector in eastern Ukraine through advisory services, capacity development, networking and maintenance of infrastructure. Therefore we need an administrative/ financial professional to support these activities according to our corporate rules and regulations.
Areas of responsibilities
- Addressing the administrative needs of the project and the office
- Financial management and monitoring, for monthly accounting and financial planning, cash withdrawals, cashbook keeping, bank accounts, preparation and entering of vouchers, etc
- Checking invoices according to existing contracts, travel expense statements of staff, etc.; initiating payments on time and monitoring all payments
- Auditing of project accounting and supporting financial reporting according to GIZ guidelines
- Ensuring that financial and administrative regulations are complied with
- Working as a fully integrated team member
- Supporting preparation of project budget planning, procurement and service contracts, and monitoring of expenses
- Coordinating information exchange on financial matters between project staff, partner organisations and other institutions
- Coordinating financial management tasks and information exchange by the project within relevant GIZ cluster structures
- Performing other tasks assigned to him/her by the management
- Reporting to the project director
Required qualifications, experience and competences
- University degree in relevant specialisation and qualification in business administration (MBA) or equivalent desirable
- At least 3 years professional experience in a comparable position
- In-depth understanding of financial planning and accounting, including experience with accounting system; experience of management and administration
- Experience in international cooperation; knowledge of German development cooperation is an asset
- Strong organisational competences, proactive way of working and flexibility, also under stress
- Strong communication skills; high capacity for teamwork
- Proactive way of working and willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, e-mail, internet, etc.) and computer applications (MS Office)
- Ukrainian and Russian native speaker competences
- Very good command of English language; knowledge of German language is an asset
Employment contract for 1 year with option of prolongation on a full-time basis.
The assignment starts as soon as possible.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer and offers an attractive working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
- We are looking forward to your application in German/English, comprising your CV and a cover letter explaining your motivation to apply for the job to [email protected] until the 11th of January 2021.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email & cover letter where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stages of the recruitment process.