The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme is a UN organization that contributes to peace and development through volunteerism worldwide. UNV does this by enhancing opportunities for voluntary participation by all peoples. UNV fosters conditions in which volunteerism can flourish through three main activities: advocacy, integration and mobilization
Support implementation of operational strategies by:
- Full compliance of administrative activities with UN/UN Women rules, regulations, policies and strategies;
- Provision of inputs to the project’s administrative business processes mapping and implementation of the internal standard operating procedures (SOPs);
- Provision of inputs to the preparation and implementation of administrative team results-oriented work plans.
Provide general contract administrative support to the project implementation in:
- Monitoring the timely submission of deliverables and timely processing of payments under project special service agreements and institutional contracts;
- Regular updating the project main register of contracts and payments;
- Compiling necessary documents for hiring of new or amending contracts of current consultants or companies;
- Gathering necessary documents for creation/amendment of Vendor Profiles, e-requisitions, Purchase Orders, micro-canvass forms, vouchers.
Ensure effective provision of administrative and logistical support by:
- Ensuring that travel arrangements and authorizations, passport and visa requests and extensions, flight bookings and all other matters related to travel of international and national staff are properly and timely authorized and processed;
- Providing administrative and logistical support in preparation of missions, conferences, workshops;
- Providing inputs for preparation of budget, provision of information for audit;
- Assisting in organization of shipments, mailing of documents for UN Women;
- Participation in data collection, analysis and maintenance of projects related database and files; maintaining accurate electronic and paper filing, information and records systems ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials;
- Participation in project activities (meetings, round tables, conferences, other public activities) preparation, implementation and follow up, taking meeting minutes;
- Support Buyer in preparation of Purchase Orders (POs) by submitting full set of necessary supporting documents.
Ensure provision of basic administrative support services to the project:
- Preparation of routine draft correspondence and reports;
- Extract, input, copy, scan and file data from various sources,
- Selection of suppliers for basic goods and services by collecting quotations;
- Collect background information documents, as necessary;
- Communication with partners on technical issues of cooperation;
- Maintenance of records on project assets management and preparation of required reports;
- Maintenance of project contract management.
Provide support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing through:
- Participation in the training for office staff.
- Contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- At least Bachelor University Degree in public administration, finance, management or similar field is a requirement.
- Master degree will be considered as an asset.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in administrative support.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
- Experience in handling web-based management systems would be a strong asset.
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- Ukrainian(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Client Orientation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
This is a national UN Volunteer assignment, therefore only nationals of Ukraine and legal residents in Ukraine with the status of refugee or with the status of being stateless are eligible to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesinukraine.com/jobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter how (vacanciesinukraine.com) you heard about this position.
Application deadline: 25-04-2021