Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH in Kyiv is seeking for the project “Innovation Lab for EU Association of Ukraine” a qualified GIZ staff member to fill the position of an
Advisor for EU Integration of Ukraine (full time, Kyiv)
The project “Innovation Lab for EU Association of Ukraine” is supporting key stakeholders of Ukraine’s government to implement the EU-Ukraine Association Agreement (EU-UA AA). Within a motivated project team, we are looking for an advisor for the EU integration of Ukraine. She/he will be responsible for all project activities that intend to strengthen the inter-institutional coordination of EU-UA Association Agreement implementation. In addition, advisor will support capacity development and development of citizen-oriented public products or services to advance the implementation of EU-UA AA within public sector of Ukraine.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- analysis of support needs of the Ukrainian partners in their reform efforts;
- planning, development and implementation of project activities to support the implementation of EU-UA AA by
- strengthening the inter-institutional coordination to implement EU-UA AA;
- developing human capacities in the public sector related;
- creating flexible measures for implementation of innovative, citizen-oriented public products or services.
- monitoring and reporting of the progress of the project activities in the area of responsibility;
- evaluation of press releases, technical reports, strategy papers etc. concerning the EU integration of Ukraine;
- identification of potential national or international professional contractors for the implementation of the project activities, development of Terms of Reference and other preparatory documents for their contracts;
- organisation of project activities, i.e. workshops, trainings, study tours and networking events (offline/online);
- presentation of InnoLabEU’s activities and results; communication of project activities in social media.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Higher education in relevant field (e.g. public policy, international relations, international law);
- Practical and theoretical knowledge of EU integration processes within the public sector of Ukraine;
- Working experience: at least 3 years in the field of EU integration of Ukraine in a similar position;
- Excellent communication and coordination skills;
- Team player with excellent intercultural competences; proactive, innovative and hands-on attitude; high degree of discretion and integrity;
- Ability to work flexibly and independently, also under stressful conditions;
- Excellent working knowledge in the use of ITC technologies and digital applications;
- Readiness for occasional business trips;
- Readiness for ongoing professional development;
- Work experience in an international environment is an asset.
- Very good language skills in Ukrainian, Russian and English. Knowledge of German is an asset.
Full-time position with 40-hours working week. The contract duration is until the end of December 2023. Starting in February 2021.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
- We are looking forward to your application in German/English, comprising your CV and a cover letter explaining your motivation to apply for the job to [email protected] until the 19th of January 2021.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email & cover letter where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stages of the recruitment process.