Danish Refugee Council/Danish Demining Group (DRC/DDG) is an international non-governmental organization, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world.
Since 2014, DRC has been working in Ukraine with the goal of providing immediate support to internally displaced persons (IDPs) and the affected population in the east of the country. The head office of the DRC in Ukraine is located in Kyiv, the program branches are in Mariupol, Slovyansk and Severodonetsk.
DRC-DDGUkraine is looking for DDG Ambulance Driver based in Lysyschansk.
Overall purpose of the role:
- MMC Team driver to drive an ambulance for provide medical support of humanitarian mine action.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Fill out the daily driver’s logbook
- Be responsible for the use of the vehicle.
- Perform daily maintenance according to the driver’s manual and report any problems to the fleet manager.
- Ensure that the vehicle is equipped in accordance with the driver’s manual at all times.
- Carry out all other duties requested by the DS and TL
- Maintain radio log and radio communication with the DDG radio room in case of mine incident.
- Other relevant task given by the supervisor
- Pick-up or delivery goods to or from the site
- Implement duties in line with the DRC Code of Conduct and represent DRC in a good way
- Compliance with national driving regulations
Required experience and competencies
- Driving license B,C category
- Secondary education
- Good knowledge of the general structure and operation of vehicles
- Experience of accident-free car driving for at least 5 years
- Experience in drive ambulance
- The ability to navigate well in the road environment
- Good computer literacy (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Written and spoken Russian and Ukrainian language
- Knowledge of English is encouraged
- An interesting opportunity to work with the International Humanitarian Organization
- Short-term Labour Contract
- Medical insurance
The application is open for Ukraine citizens only. Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National Staff.
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesinukraine.com/nonprofitjobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover letter where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Clothing date for applications: November 2, 2020.
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/about-us/job-and-career/support-for-job-seekers.