Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
The Energy Security Project (ESP) is a five-year project funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and the largest USAID project in Ukraine so far. The ESP is implemented by a USAID Contractor, Tetra Tech ES, Inc., a California-based leading provider of services in the areas of water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
The ESP mission is to enhance Ukraine’s energy security, improve the energy legal and regulatory environment in the country, and increase the resilience of Ukraine’s energy supply. This will help to support country’s economic development and sustain its democracy. ESP is working closely with the Government of Ukraine (GOU) to develop competitive energy markets. By doing so, ESP will facilitate private sector-led energy investments to provide affordable, reliable, resilient, and secure energy for all Ukrainians.
Tetra Tech ES, Inc. is seeking a long-term Assistant Chief of Party to serve as a technical advisor and backstop to the Chief of Party, and provide program management support and leadership of the technical work streams. S/he would support the day-to-day technical management of the workstreams and provide the Chief of Party with needed support and coverage. This person will report to the ESP Chief of Party. This is a full-time position located in Kyiv, Ukraine. The position is open to foreign nationals and will be considered as an expatriate resident position in Kyiv. ESP will assist with obtaining necessary authorities to work and live in Kyiv for the successful candidate.
- Assist the COP with day to day project management, quality control and the overall responsiveness to USAID;
- Support engagement with other donor organizations, USAID/USG agencies, other USAID implementing partners, and private sector companies;
- Support the DCOP with relationships with Government officials;
- Work closely with ESP work streams to achieve defined program results, produce deliverables on schedule, and build successful partnerships with stakeholders;
- Work closely with the COP and USAID for the strategic vision and overall leadership of the project team and the team’s performance and achievement of all key objectives of the project;
- Ensure that USAID/Ukraine is fully knowledgeable and engaged with the Government of Ukraine on all aspects of its energy, economic research, and reform agenda;
- Drive and oversee the successful management, initiation, and completion of complex energy studies of significant importance to the USG and to the Government of Ukraine, which will encompass the promotion of renewables, reform of district heating utilities, feasibility studies, liberalization of the electricity sector and harmonization of the legal and regulatory framework with the European Union energy acquis;
- Provides technical advice on energy issues, economic research analyses, and economic policy recommendations for USAID programs/projects and other activities, including sector specific issues;
- Drive and oversee the preparation of the project’s progress reports, work-plans, quarrel reports and other contractual deliverables;
- Follow progress and troubleshoot issues on work plan activities;
- Collaborate with the ESP Operations Director on work-planning, activity design, scheduling and implementation, reporting and budgeting;
- Coordinate with the ESP Operations Director on the sourcing, recruiting, hiring and deployment and onboarding of staff, consultants and subcontractors;
- Serve as an acting Chief of Party (COP) in the absence of the COP;
- Perform other responsibilities, as assigned by the COP.
Essential KSA’s Required (experience, skills, education, certification, etc.):
- Master’s degree in business administration, law, engineering, economics, finance policy, or a related field acceptable to Tetra Tech;
- At least 10+ years of energy-related experience;
- At least 7+ years of demonstrable experience in project management and technical assistance, preferably in projects of similar scope, size and complexity as the ESP;
- Donor experience a plus, USAID experience preferred;
- Proven strategic planning, analytical, business reporting, and financial analysis skills;
- Fluency in English, knowledge of Ukrainian, and/or Russian a plus;
To find more about USAID Energy Security Project, follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/usaidesp/.
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesinukraine.com/jobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.