TERMS OF REFERENCE
|Title of Position:
Duration of appointment:
Estimate start date:
|Business Analyst/Technical Writer
Migration and Border Management (MBM), IOM Ukraine
as soon as possible
The New Face of the Border – Phase 3 (NFB-3) project aims at supporting the State Border Guard Service (SBGS) of Ukraine in the context of the ongoing government reform process in Ukraine, through enhancing SBGS capacity to effectively manage its human resources, which inter alia includes also recruitment, training and personal files management. This action will contribute to the reduction of the risks of corruption at the borders, as well as increasing the operational performance of the SBGS in general. As a consequence, SBGS staff will be better able to perform more effective border controls, which in turn will have a positive impact on speeding up regular cross-border movement and facilitate trade, while reducing the likelihood of illegal cross-border activities putting public security in Ukraine and the wider region at risk.An automated human resource management (HRM) system will be developed, which will allow the SBGS to manage its human resources in more effective and fully transparent manner.
Nature of consultancy:
Under the overall supervision of the IOM Chief of Mission, direct supervision of the Project Specialist and the overall coordination and oversight of the MBM Programme Coordinator, the Consultant will implement the tasks related to the provision of assistance to the SBGS in development of the concept and technical requirements for automation of the business processes related to Human Resource Management, in particular management of staff personal files.
The main objective of the assignment of the Business Analyst/Technical Writer is to analyze the framework and established practices on personal files management in the SBGS, provide recommendations on their optimization through automation, and develop terms of reference/technical requirements for development of the Automated HRM System.
The tasks to be performed by the Business Analyst/Technical Writer are:
- To analyze the business processesthat are being implemented by SBGS, which are related to personal files management.
- Based on conducted analysis of business processes and conducted interviews with relevant SBGS employees to clarify their needs in the field of personal files management, Business Analyst/ Technical Writer will develop a document containing a model and map of existing business processes and recommendations for the model’s optimization by eliminating gaps, duplications, bottlenecks and other inefficiencies.
- Based on the needs and baseline assessment and conducted interviews with relevant SBGS employees and IOM experts to assist the SBGS and IOM on development of a comprehensive Concept for establishment of the Automated HRM System to include the general description of the functional requirements to the system as well as the step-by-step roadmap for the system’s establishment.
- Based on the business process analysis and the interviews conducted, to develop the Technical Specifications and the Terms of Reference (ToR) for the development and deployment of the Automated HRM System in SBGS
- To participate in the SBGS-IOM Project Working Group meetings for gathering requirements and presenting the documents developed.
Tangible and measurable outputs of the assignment
|#1:Development of documents based on business process analysis (according to point 2, Specific tasks).||Document containing a model/map of HRM business processes.
Document containing recommendations on optimization of existing HRM business processes.
|8th week after the Contract is signed|
|#2:Development of recommendation to the Concept (according to point3, Specific tasks).||Document containing general functional requirements to the System.
Document containing a step-by-step roadmap for the system’s establishment.
|14th week after the Contract is signed|
|#3:Development of Technical Requirement/Terms of Reference (ToR) (according to point4, Specific tasks)||Document containing the technical requirements for the System’s elements to be developed and deployed.||22th week after the Contract is signed|
Qualifications and Experience
- higher technical education; Bachelor Degree or higher;
- a clear understanding of the principles and features of software development methodologies;
- advanced knowledge of business analysis techniques;
- experience in business processes optimization and modeling;
- at least three years of experience in the IT industry, particularly in technical documentation development;
- substantial experience of communication with representatives of the customer;
- experience in legislation analysis;
- knowledge of the features of the business domain in the field of governmental services (desirable);
- knowledge of existing practices on HRM automation and existing software products for personal file management (desirable);
- fluency in Ukrainian;
- fluency in English (desirable).
- operational mindset and skills for describing functional requirements in a detailed and structured manner;
- strong analytical skills and ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources;
- ability to present functional requirements in graphical form;
- ability to set clear goals and priorities. Time management skills, ability to multitask and prioritize;
- flexibility, ability to modify approach as per changing stakeholders, conditions, circumstances and feedback;
- ability to accept criticism for the sake of continuous development.
How to apply:
- Interested candidates are invited to submit their CV (containing names and contact information of three referees) and cover letter to:
IOM Kyiv: [email protected]
8 Mykhailivska St., Kyiv, 01001
- Please, indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of your message.
- Please indicate in your e-mail & cover letter where you saw this job posting.
Closing date for applications is 13 August 2020; however, interested candidates are strongly encouraged to apply sooner.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.