Purpose and Scope of Job
Based in Kyiv, the Business Development Lead will support Crown Agents’ positioning for USAID’s forthcoming Ukraine Anti-Corruption Activity.
Reports to: David Cornish, Senior Consultant
Duties and Responsibilities
· Lead engagement with USAID to identify emerging priorities for the programme, and to shape programme design in line with Crown Agents’ capabilities and experience
· Liaise with key CA stakeholders in this space in order to coalesce CA’s anti-corruption offer as it relates to Ukraine and USAID
· Identify key weaknesses in CA’s offer against the USAID requirement, and support initial partner and competitor analysis exercises to address these
· Support engagement with potential primes and presentation of CA’s credentials in order to secure a major sub role on the winning consortium
· Support resourcing of the CA bid through articulation of key client requirements and identification of suitably skilled and experienced consultants to fulfil them
· Advise of contextual and political economy developments to inform the CA bid
· Support engagement with other stakeholders to the bid (e.g. Government of Ukraine) as required
Essential Skills and Knowledge
· Strong anti-corruption expertise
· Strong current networks with USAID and the USAID market in Ukraine
· Strong business development skills, including building relationships and identifying and shaping client requirements
· Highly driven
· Politically astute
· Professionally credible
· Culturally sensitive
· Loyal and committed to the bid
· 10+ years working on donor-funded projects (particularly USAID-funded projects) in Eastern Europe, particularly Ukraine
· Experience of supporting business development with USAID
Master’s Degree and/or professional qualification (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline – desirable
You’ll be working with Crown Agents which is a high impact social enterprise passionate about transforming the future for millions of people. Since our creation in 1833 we have worked across the globe to improve public services and drive economic growth. Our expertise is finding new solutions to difficult problems for clients in the areas of health, governance, economic growth, humanitarian action and supply chain services. We work with and train leaders at local, national and international level to achieve lasting change drawing on our insight and experience.
Crown Agents is committed to diversity and will promote diversity for all candidates at all times as well as a business culture that reflects that belief. Crown Agents will treat everyone equally irrespective of race, religion, colour, sex, age, national origin, disability or sexual orientation, and places an obligation upon all staff to respect and act in accordance with the policy. Crown Agents shall not discriminate unlawfully when deciding which candidates are selected for interview, or in any terms of employment, and will ensure that each candidate is assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the role. Crown Agents is committed to being an organisation enhanced by diversity and encourages applications from anyone who shares our values and commitment to improving the lives of communities affected by poverty or conflict.
About what’s on offer
Crown Agents offers a competitive benefits package.
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesinukraine.com/jobs