Call for Experts:Asset Management Short-Term Experts
EU Support to Strengthening Integrated Border Management in Ukraine (EU4IBM)
Duty station: home based, with travel to/within Ukraine
Maximum number of working days:80 (eighty)
Asset Management Short-Term Expert (AM STE) to support the improvement of the institutional asset management capacity of the national IBM agencies as well as the joint interagency assets planning and management capacity of the national integrated border management (IBM) stakeholders within the framework of implementation of the relevant activities of the EU-funded project “EU Support to Strengthening IBM in Ukraine (EU4IBM)” implemented by ICMPD.
NUMBER OF POSITIONS
Two AM STEs will be recruited: one with background in border management (AM STE SBGS) and one with background in customs enforcement (AM STE SCS).
The International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD) is an international organisation tasked with promoting innovative, comprehensive and sustainable migration policies. With 17 Member States and over 60 projects active throughout Europe, Africa, Asia and Latin America, ICMPD is a growing and ever-more relevant presence in its field. The organisation’s greatest assets are its 200+ staff members, who personify its values of commitment, integrity, partnership, respect, and innovation in actions and decisions.
The project “EU Support to Strengthening IBM in Ukraine (EU4IBM)” supports the identification of and assists in addressing the gaps in the implementation of the national reforms approximating the Ukrainian border management system to the standards and best practices of the EU Integrated Border Management (IBM) in line with the national Integrated Border Management Strategy of Ukraine (IBM Strategy, adopted by the Cabinet of Ministers on 24 July 2019) and the Action Plan (IBM AP, adopted on 27 December 2019 by Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers No. 1409-p).
AM STEs will be involved into the implementation of a set of Project activities with the main objective of supporting the national IBM stakeholders (State Border Guard Service (SBGS) and State Customs Service (SCS) of Ukraine) in the development of their asset management systems, joint coordinated assets management capacity as well as the related processes according to the best EU practices.
The AM STEs will work in close cooperation with the EU4IBM Project Implementation Team (PIT) and in close collaboration with other Short-Term Experts (STEs) on the implementation of the following project activities:
- business process analysis (BPA);
- business process re-engineering action plan(s) (BPR AP(s));
- implementation of BPR AP(s) in the area of asset management through the development and roll out of the assets management methodologies, concepts/ToRs, maintenance standards, mechanism for interagency coordination and information exchange on assets management issues, joint needs assessments, and advisory support in investment planning into border crossing points infrastructure.
The tasks to be completed by the AM STE within this assignment are the following:
- Develop and continuously update the work plan to be approved by the PIT. The work plan should contain the exact timelines for deliverables completion as well as clarifications on the needs and required resources.
- Contribute to business process analysis (BPA) related to asset management and provide recommendations on BPs improvement for their integration into the BPR APs.
- Contribute to the development of the beneficiary agencies cost efficiency capacity by developing and supporting the roll out of relevant internal cost efficiency assessment methodology.
- Collect EU MSs best practices in asset management applicable to national IBM agencies.
- Develop the best fitting institutional assets management models/methodologies for the beneficiary agencies and adapt them to the national legal and institutional framework and context.
- In close coordination with PIT and beneficiaries, based on the BPA findings, the provisions of BPR AP, EU best practices identified, develop the concept(s)/ToR(s)/TSs for the institutional assets management system(s) for the IBM stakeholders. Whenever possible integrate the measures to enhance the beneficiary agencies’ institutional capacity to undergo and obtain ISO certification in the future.
- Support the development/upgrade of the institutional asset management systems and their implementation.
- Develop the respective guidelines for institutional assets management systems application.
- Conduct the awareness raising events to support the roll out of the newly developed/upgraded institutional national assets management systems.
- Support the development of the maintenance standards reflecting the BPA findings, best EU practices and ensure its validation with the national IBM stakeholders.
- Support the development of technical guidelines on maintenance standards and their roll out.
- In close coordination with PIT and the beneficiaries, support the development/update of the standard technical requirements for border crossing points (BCPs) assets and infrastructure.
- Develop and support the roll out of the methodology for a joint assessment of the compliance of all BCPs with assets, infrastructure and maintenance standards by national IBM stakeholders.
- Develop the concept for coordination and information exchange mechanism on asset management among the national IBM agencies.
- Develop and support the implementation of the mechanism for joint needs assessment and investment planning into BCPs infrastructure.
- In close coordination with PIT and other STEs, support the development of the interagency regulatory framework (e.g. joint SOPs) in relation to assets management.
- Conduct the capacity building activities on joint assets management.
- Provide subject matter advice upon PIT or beneficiaries request. Whenever possible integrate the advice to enhance the beneficiary agencies’ institutional capacity to undergo and obtain ISO certification in the future.
- If tasked, support the conduct of the procurement needs assessment covering the beneficiary agencies needs to integrate the findings and the recommendations related to assets management into the final assessment report.
- Support the process of the BCPs inventory by contributing to the development/update of the relevant methodology and supporting its roll out.
- Perform other duties if/as assigned by the PIT.
AM STE is expected to provide the following deliverables:
- Continuously updated work plan approved by the PIT.
- Provided expertise in the process of BPA of relevant BPs and draft recommendations on BPs improvement for integration into BPR APs
- Methodology for cost efficiency assessment of the asset management systems of the beneficiary agencies and support to its roll out.
- Compilation of the EU MSs best practices in asset management applicable to national IBM agencies.
- Developed and validated best fitting assets management models/methodologies for beneficiary agencies adapted to national legal and institutional framework and context.
- Developed and validated concept(s)/ToR(s)/TSs for the IBM agencies’ institutional assets management systems.
- Support provided in the process of development/upgrade of the institutional asset management systems and their implementation.
- Approved guidelines for institutional assets management systems application.
- Conducted awareness raising events in support of the roll out of the newly developed/upgraded institutional assets management systems.
- Approved maintenance standards for IBM stakeholders reflecting the BPA findings, best EU practices.
- Developed technical guidelines on maintenance standards and support provided to their roll out.
- Developed/updated standard technical requirements for BCPs assets and infrastructure.
- Methodology for joint assessment of the compliance of all BCPs with assets, infrastructure and maintenance standards and support provided to roll it out.
- Developed and approved concept for coordination and information exchange on asset management among national IBM agencies.
- Developed and approved mechanism for joint needs assessment and investment planning into BCPs infrastructure and support provided to its implementation.
- Support provided in the development of the interagency regulatory framework (e.g. joint SOPs) in relation to assets management.
- Delivered capacity building activities on joint asset management.
- Provided subject matter expertise when requested including on the measures to enhance the beneficiary agencies’ institutional capacity to undergo and obtain ISO certification in the future.
- If tasked, support provided in the conduct of the procurement needs assessment covering SBGS and SCS and the findings and the recommendations related to assets management integrated into the final assessment report.
- Methodology for BCPs inventory and support provided in the process of its roll out.
- Performed other duties assigned by the PIT.
The draft deliverables must be submitted in English in line with the timeline established at the moment of contracting. If possible, the working versions of the deliverables could be drafted in Ukrainian to allow for smooth participation of the national beneficiary agencies experts.
It is expected that during the COVID-19 travel restriction period, the tasks identified above would be conducted in a remote mode (using the vast array of technical means for distance communication, collaborative platforms and regular on-line coordination meetings). Once the travel situation allows, the expert will be expected to travel to/within Ukraine to continue the delivery of mentioned above tasks.
PIT will support the delivery of the tasks by providing the relevant documents, interpretation and translation support, coordinating with the beneficiary agencies on organisational issues.
During the process, the expert will work with the relevant national and international stakeholders in a collaborative and coordinated manner.
The final deliverables must be submitted no later than 31 December 2020.
Maximum number of working days:80
АM STE reports to Project Officer, EU4IBM and works in a collaborative manner with other international/national experts.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master´s university degree (or equivalent) related to the area of work.
- At least 5 years of experience in the area of asset management relevant to IBM.
- Experience in improving the institutional asset management systems, developing the maintenance standards and technical requirements for infrastructure, equipment and IT systems – relevant to IBM agencies.
- Experience in developing the cooperation, coordination and information exchange mechanisms on assets management on a national level.
- Experience in drafting concepts, ToRs/TSs, methodologies in the area and asset management.
- Experience in working with similar projects funded by EU or another donor is an asset.
- Knowledge of appropriate examples of international and EU good practices in asset management relevant to national IBM stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to assess complex situations in order to succinctly and clearly distil critical issues.
- Must be able to work independently and demonstrate excellent teamwork, coordination and facilitation skills.
- Analytical, research, reporting, communication, documentation and presentation skills.
- Experience working with senior management of border guard/police and customs services is an asset.
- Ability to plan and implement several multi-component and multi-stakeholder activities in parallel.
- Ability to process large volumes of information.
- Ability for provision of deliverables and in reporting in a timely manner.
- Ability to work under pressure and in rapidly changing circumstances.
- Computer literate with ability to operate Microsoft applications.
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and constructive working relationships with people of different International and cultural backgrounds while maintaining impartiality and objectivity.
- Fluency in English is required
- Good knowledge of Russian/Ukrainian for business communication is required
Support and materials to be provided by ICMPD
- Project Description of Action.
- IBM Strategy of Ukraine 2020-2025 and its implementation plan 2020-2022.
- Catalogue of SBGS and IBM Business Processes.
- Template of timesheet.
- Template of payment claim.
- Any other documents.
- Translation of the documents not yet translated into English.
- PIT will facilitate the contacts with the relevant International agencies.
- PIT will organise meetings with the relevant beneficiary agencies in case of need.
- Interested experts should send their CV with an indication of this announcement and thematic focus (border management/customs enhancement)in the subject line of the email to[email protected].
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.
REQUEST from ViU:
- vacanciesinukraine.com will appreciate it if you can SHARE this job announcement on social media as we provide our services for FREE for both job seekers and job providers.