ECODIT is an international development ﬁrm working with governments, businesses, and local communities to advance environmentally- and socially-responsible development around the world. We provide technical assistance services ranging from quick-turnaround assessments and evaluations to design and implementation of long-term multi-million-dollar projects. Since its founding in 1993, ECODIT has provided professional services through more than 250 projects/contracts to diverse clients in more 50+ countries. Building on our track record of success, we have continuously expanded the depth and breadth of our expertise in the water, energy, environment, and urban and local governance sectors.
ECODIT seeks applications from European nationals located in either Southeast Europe, the CIS or the Caucasus region for long-term and short-term positions under the anticipated Connectivity for Growth (C4G) Energy Activity. As part of the U.S.-Europe Energy Bridge project, C4G will support interventions that increase connectivity and cooperation in the energy sector between partner countries and the EU through market development and reforms, diversified and efficient resource utilization and planning, and resilient energy systems.
This is expected to be a four-year activity based throughout Eastern Europe. ECODIT seeks qualified candidates to support a range of activities over the life of the project, per the following requirements:
- A Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in International Development, Economics, Public Policy, Energy, Engineering, or other relevant field and a minimum of five (5) years of experience working on donor funded activities (experience supporting USAID projects preferred);
- Experience working in one or more of the following technical areas:
- Energy Sector Governance
- Energy Sector Planning and Operation
- Energy Market Development
- Power and Heat Generation
- Renewable Energy
- Energy Sector Financing and Investments
- Private Sector Engagement
- Public/Private Partnerships
- Utility Operations and Management
- Energy Sector Resilience & Infrastructure
- Transactional Support
- Policy and Regulatory Affairs
- Energy Procurement
- Emerging Technology and Cybersecurity
- Environmental and Social Impact Assessment
- Collaboration, Learning and Adaptation (CLA)
- Communications and Outreach
- Information & Knowledge Management
- Stakeholder Engagement; experience working with EU preferred.
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL)
- Gender & Social Inclusion
- Project Management
- Operations & Logistics
- Procurement and Grants Management (previous experience with Grants Under Contract preferred)
- Administration, Human Resources and Finance
- Prior work experience in at least one of the following countries: in Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Kosovo, Moldova, North Macedonia, Serbia, or Ukraine;
- Strong project management skills, along with highly developed interpersonal skills, analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills in English; and
- Written and verbal fluency in in at least one other language (e.g.: Albanian, Estonian, Czech, Macedonian Ukrainian, etc.) is preferred.
How to Apply
- To apply, please send a cover letter and updated resume/CV in English through the “Our Jobs” page of ECODIT’s website. Please note that positions are contingent upon contract award. Applications will be received and reviewed on a rolling basis. Applicants who fail to meet the application criteria may be disqualified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover letter where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.