(Community Contact Centre Operator)
based in Severodonetsk
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The ICRC is mandated to work in countries affected by armed conflict or other situations of violence. The ICRC is present in over 80 countries and has some 19,000 field staff.
In 2014, the ICRC expanded its presence to Ukraine. There are more than 600 ICRC staff working in Kyiv, Sloviansk, Severodonetsk, Mariupol, Donetsk, Luhansk and Odesa.
ICRC is Equal Opportunity Employer giving highest priority to staff safety and security.
For more information, visit website: http://www.icrc.org/
AIM OF THE POSITION
We are looking for a Communication Officer who will perform tasks of the Community Contact Centre Operator. The Community Contact Centre Operator is the primary point in establishing a fruitful contact between a caller and the ICRC providing callers with the best possible response in terms of detailed information and ensuring them that the ICRC understands and, when appropriate, can be responsive to their needs.
- Responds to calls in order to understand the concerns of the caller and provides an exhaustive and comprehensive reply treating each caller in a polite and respectful manner.
- Decides on whether the concerns can be addressed immediately or require referral to other departments providing all necessary support to the caller until the request is resolved.
- Understands that some concerns / issues require confidential and sensitive treatment and behaves accordingly.
- Records the details of each call in the relevant tool timely and in an accurate manner.
- Follows up on cases referred to other departments to ensure a feedback mechanism.
- Participates in the formulation of statistics and regular Community Contact Centre reporting.
- Provides regular briefings to sub-delegation management on main trends (e.g. number of callers, main issues raised, and challenges faced by affected people), ensures the ongoing cooperation with operational departments in view of improving transversality.
- Contributes to effective internal communication and information sharing.
- Is available for field missions to become better acquainted with ICRC operations in the delegation, follows up on specific cases and thematic, and, on occasion, participates in monitoring activities for ongoing projects.
- Carries out other communication related tasks as requested.
The tasks and responsibilities defined above are not exhaustive and can evolve depending on organizational needs.
Education and professional qualifications
- University degree or professional qualification in business administration, communications, public relations or other relevant field;
- 4 years work experience
- Fluent in written and spoken English, Ukrainian and Russian
- Excellent communication skills including empathic active listening and persuasive speaking, non-conflict interaction with people
- Very good computer literacy and advanced Excel skills
- Knowledge of the ICRC and RCRC Movement is an asset
- Experience in hotlines is an asset
- Genuine interest to work in humanitarian aid field;
- Welcoming attitude;
- Politeness and beneficiary-centred approach is a must;
- Confidence and self-control;
- Empathy, supportiveness, friendliness;
- Ability to multi-task is a must;
- Ability to make decisions and act in a timely manner;
- Ability to adjust to diverse audiences and multinational working environment;
- Ability to work under supervision;
- Strong sense of responsibility;
- Good team player.
- An opportunity to work for the world’s oldest and unique humanitarian organization
- Rewarding work in a humanitarian and multicultural environment
- A full-time resident position based in our Ukraine delegation in Severodonetsk
- Medical insurance
- Language classes
HOW TO APPLY
- Please submit your CV in English, along with your motivation letter and salary expectations to [email protected] by 20.01.2021
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email & motivation letter where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.
Only candidates meeting the above-mentioned criteria will be considered and contacted for tests and/or interview. No queries by phone please.