IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $90 million, offices in 20 countries, and a global staff of 400. We work in more than 100 countries worldwide.
IREX in Ukraine seeks a qualified Communications Specialist for the USAID-funded Ukraine UNITY (Mriemo ta diemo) program. The goal of UNITY is to foster vested ownership in a unified national Ukrainian identity that promotes democratic values, inclusion, and pluralism by empowering youth to meaningfully participate in civic and economic opportunities through enhanced skills and a positive enabling environment. The Communications Specialist (CS) will work under the supervision of the Strategic Communications Manager (SCM) and be responsible for conducting, coordinating, and ensuring proper implementation of project communication activities and maintaining communications and information flow between all implementing partners. Under the supervision of SCM, and following approved communication strategy, CS will draft communication plans and campaigns, increase visibility and value of the project to target audiences and amplify UNITY’s work. They will be responsible for maintaining and co-creating content for UNITY online presence such as social media accounts and website.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist mapping and developing Branding Strategy and Marketing Plan (BSMP).
- Co-design, coordinate and conduct project communication plans and campaigns.
- Draft communication guidelines for implementing partners.
- Ensure proper implementation of the project’s communication strategy and adherence to communications guidelines.
- Manage the design, content, and production of all communication materials under the supervision of the Strategic Communications Manager.
- Identify and create opportunities for media engagement.
- Liaise with online and traditional media outlets in the regions to pitch youth-themed content, organize press tours and media engagement for UNITY participants and beneficiaries.
- As needed, deliver, and/or organize training and briefing on media- and communications-related topics for program partners and participants.
- Establish and maintain collaboration with communication partners, project supporters, and participants.
- Collect information on project activities, impact stories, success stories.
- Draft press releases, talking points and communication documents for media.
- Review and edit project reports and other results-related communication materials.
- Assist with media enquiries and monitor media coverage.
- Translate project materials into and from Ukrainian, English and Russian.
- Collaborate with other team members to identify key priorities and coordinate actions.
- Participate in creative communications brainstorming sessions.
- Other duties consistent with the position where required.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in communications and/or another relevant field is preferred.
- Over 5 years of work experience international development or in related field.
- Experience in marketing, communications, and/or public relations.
- Excellent communications skills, including ability to do public presentations.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to take the initiative.
- Strong command of spoken and written English, Ukrainian and Russian.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and complete tasks/projects in accordance with stated deadlines.
- Able to work independently and as a team member with the ability to take initiative, meet deadlines, and be flexible.
- Experience in content design and creation is a plus.
- Experience working with Photoshop, Illustrator, and other related graphic media applications software is a plus.
- Please send your cover letter and resume as an attachment in an email with “Communications Specialist” in the subject line to [email protected]. Only complete applications will be considered. No telephone inquiries will be accepted. Application Deadline: February 28, 2021. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email & cover letter where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.
IREX conducts anti-terrorism database clearances on candidates who accept employment offers. IREX is also an E-Verify Employer.
IREX is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and inclusive hiring practice. IREX is an equal opportunity employer.