The Royal Danish Embassy in Kyiv is hiring a communications specialist – Are you our new colleague?
You will join the political and communication team of the embassy who handles a wide range of communication and analytical tasks, defined by the current domestic, foreign and economic agendas in Ukraine and the close partnership between Denmark and Ukraine.
Tasks will include:
• Develop and implement the embassy’s ambitious communication and public diplomacy strategy.
• Daily management of the Embassy’s social media platforms, and maintenance of the embassy’s website, infographics, briefing material and public diplomacy products.
• Write press releases, arrange and coordinate press conferences, and plan events.
• Build and maintain relationships with journalists and key external role-players.
• Contribute to the trade promotion activities of the Embassy in collaboration with the Embassy Trade Section.
• Assist in internal and external communication and address ad hoc requests from the public, donors and official authorities.
• Conduct regular media monitoring and reporting, as well as updating the embassy’s media contacts and databases
• Assisting incoming delegations.
• University degree, preferably in international relations, development studies, political science, communication or journalism.
• A minimum of 3 years of working experience with international cooperation, e.g. from ministries, universities, international organizations, NGOs or business organizations.
• Excellent skills in oral and written communication in English and Ukrainian.
• Working experience from and knowledge of political communication and social media will be considered an asset.
• Ability to work under time pressure and with tight deadlines
• A strong team-player
• Good humour is an advantage
The position is full-time, 40 hours a week. The employment is on local terms. A competitive salary package will be provided according to qualifications
September 1, 2020 or as soon as possible thereafter. Employment requires security clearance from the Danish authorities. The applicant should be eligible for working in Ukraine, i.e. be a Ukrainian national or have a valid Ukrainian work permit.
Application deadline and recruitment process
- To apply for the position, please send your application (cover letter, CV, maximum two pages in total) addressed to the Danish Embassy at [email protected] no later than July 31, 2020. Please write in the subject line: “Name Application – communications officer”. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and these must complete a written test before an interview.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your e-mail & cover letter where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs wishes to promote equality and diversity. Therefore, all qualified and interested persons, regardless of age, gender, religion and ethnicity, are invited to apply for the position.
Further information about the position can be obtained from the Embassy at [email protected]