Consultant for Improvement of Supply Chain for Vaccination
Duration: October 1, 2021– September 30 2022, full-time, Kyiv based
To support the MOH efforts, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) awarded a five-year contract for Safe, Affordable, and Effective Medicines for Ukrainians (SAFEMed) to Management Sciences for Health (MSH) in September 2017.
SAFEMed applies health system-strengthening best practices to create evidence-based interventions and strengthen Ukraine’s pharmaceutical system in line with the MOH’s health care reform objectives.
SAFEMed has three primary project objectives working in unison towards achieving sustained epidemic control given constrains related to COVID-19:
- Strengthening governance within the pharmaceutical sector of Ukraine;
- Optimizing the financing of the pharmaceutical sector; and
- Increasing the availability and appropriate use of medicines in Ukraine.
SAFEMed will provide technical, legal, and logistics support to the MOH, CPH, CPA, and other agencies in the smooth introduction and roll-out of the country’s COVID-19 vaccination campaign. This work will include supporting the government’s engagement with the Global COVAX Facility to finalize agreements around vaccination supply and developing the business processes for logistics of COVID-19 vaccines to ensure cost-effective, high-quality vaccine distribution to the vaccination site.
- The overall purpose of this consultancy is to improve the supply chain system for vaccines against COVID-19 including the quantification, distribution and inventory management. The consultant will work under guidance and oversight of SAFEMed Senior Technical Advisor on Supply Chain.
- Participation in the implementation of international approaches and electronic tools for quantification/forecasting of the needs and use of immunobiological drugs for the prevention of coronavirus infection diseases.
- Data verification and analysis on the use and stock levels of immunobiological drugs for the prevention of coronavirus infection diseases and safe injection equipment, as well as providing a feedback to the users to improve the reporting process.
- Provision of advisory, methodological and technical assistance to specialists of healthcare facilities in calculating the need for immunobiological drugs for the prevention of coronavirus infection diseases, forecasting their use, forming orders, etc.
- Provision of advisory and methodological assistance to specialists of healthcare facilities / regional public health centers in pharmaceutical management and inventory management of immunobiological drugs for the prevention of coronavirus infection diseases.
- Provision of advisory assistance to the regions in the organization of the reporting system on stock levels of immunobiological drugs for the prevention of coronavirus infection diseases for effective stock management.
- Communication with specialists of healthcare facilities and authorized staff of structural units on the organization of health care of regional and Kyiv city state administrations on the organization of timely regular reporting on stock levels and use of immunobiological drugs for prevention of coronavirus infection diseases.
- Consulting the regions on the organization of supplies of immunobiological drugs for the prevention of coronavirus infection diseases to primary healthcare facilities, calculation of their volumes and delivery time.
- Participation in the organization and delivery of program activities on pharmaceutical management in the field of immunoprophylaxis, including working groups, round tables, seminars, trainings, meetings, conferences.
- Execution of other tasks (within own competence) on behalf of the coordinator of the project direction.
- Reports on the use and stock levels of immunobiological drugs for the prevention of coronavirus infection diseases and safe injection equipment are provided on regular basis (at MoH/PHC request).
- Quantification for immunobiological drugs for the prevention of coronavirus infection diseases is done in accordance with delivery schedules.
- Reporting system on stock levels of immunobiological drugs for the prevention of coronavirus infection diseases for effective stock management is organized with the regions.
- Proposals for improvement of vaccine supply chain system in Ukraine are provided to decision makers.
- Proposals for vaccine distributions/redistributions based on the analysis of data related to the use of immunobiological drugs are timely submitted to PHC/MoH.
- Higher education (preferably pharmaceutical).
- Good interpersonal skills – demonstrating ability to successfully work with internal and external partners at all levels of responsibility.
- Strong leadership skills with ability to perform technical work.
- High level of computer literacy, including knowledge of MS Office.
- Excellent skills of written and oral communication in Ukrainian (English knowledge is an additional preference).
- High level of self-organization, ability to work on result.
- Ability to work under pressure and to prioritize tasks to meet the requested deadlines with heavy workloads and limited time resources.
- Monthly reports on deliverables status. Report directly to SAFEMed STA on Supply Chain.
Duties performance location
Kyiv, Ukraine PHC and/or SAFEMed office in Kyiv, Ukraine with no business trips.
Qualified candidates may apply to the address: [email protected]. The position is open till filled. Past performance references would be an advantage. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.