Corporate Internal Controls and Compliance Consultant for State Property Fund of Ukraine, Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI) Program, Kyiv, Ukraine
The Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI) Program in Ukraine is a five-year USAID initiative that has an objective to assist Ukraine to reduce corruption and increase the accountability and transparency of governance in Ukraine. The program seeks to empower key government institutions to fight corruption, build public support for and engagement in anticorruption effort, and reduce citizen tolerance to corruption.
**Please note: Only Ukrainian citizens are eligible for this position**
The Corporate Internal Controls and Compliance Consultant will lead the assessment of Control Environment (internal control system, internal audit function, risk management and compliance). The Consultant will also contribute to the assessment of other areas of corporate governance such as Leadership and Culture, Structure and Functioning of the Board of Directors, Disclosure and Transparency, Shareholders’ Rights, and Governance of Stakeholder Engagement. This is the STTA position with the expected level of effort is up to 40 expert days. SACCI provides support to the State Property Fund of Ukraine (SPFU) that oversees corporate governance of many State-Owned Enterprises (SOE) and prepares for and conducts privatization of SOEs. SACCI is assembling a team of consultants to conduct assessment of corporate governance of up to five large SOEs. The team will assess the SOEs’ compliance with OECD Guidelines on Corporate Governance of State-Owned Enterprises. It is suggested that assessment be conducted based on Corporate Governance Progression Matrix for SOEs tool developed by the World Bank’s International Finance Corporation customized for Ukraine or similar agreed-upon methodology.
- Contribute to developing the corporate governance assessment methodology for SOEs
- Conduct corporate governance assessment of up to five SOEs focusing on Control Environment (internal control system, internal audit function, risk management and compliance).
- Contribute to the assessment of other areas of corporate governance such as Leadership and Culture, Structure and Functioning of the Board of Directors, Disclosure and Transparency, Shareholders’ Rights, and Governance of Stakeholder Engagement
- Write the assessment report with findings, conclusions and recommendations with milestones as well as road map for implementing the recommendations
- Present the report for SACCI and SPFU and finalize the report based on comments and suggestions
- Master’s degree or higher in finance, accounting, public administration, business administration, or other relevant areas is required
- Minimum of five years of experience working on the issues of corporate governance focusing on internal controls, audits, risk management, and compliance
- Knowledge of the international corporate governance best practices and standards including the OECD Guidelines on Corporate Governance of State-Owned Enterprises
- Experience conducting assessments and consulting companies on corporate governance with the focus on control environment
- Knowledge and experience working on the issues of corporate governance and control environment of SOEs is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of the corporate governance and internal control issues and requirements in Ukraine
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines (time management, reporting, negotiations skills)
- Fluency in Ukrainian and English required
*Deadline for applying for this position – January 11, 2021, 18:00 Kyiv time*
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please. MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email [email protected] with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesinukraine.com/jobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover letter where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.