The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) is a non-profit organization working to strengthen democracy worldwide. NDI programs are supported by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), Sweden, Canada, United Kingdom, the National Endowment for Democracy (NED) and other donors.
NDI-Ukraine is currently seeking a full time Program Officer/Senior Program Officer for its Countering Disinformation Program based in Kyiv, Ukraine. Program Officer/ Senior Program Officer will be reporting to the Program Manager.
Job Title: Countering Disinformation Program Officer/Senior Program Officer, NDI Ukraine
Tasks and Responsibilities:
● Manage day-to-day implementation of NDI’s Countering Disinformation Program in Ukraine;
● Lead the forward planning process for the program and ensure the cross team coordination and collaboration;
● Contribute to the program short/medium and long term strategy development and implementation;
● Develop and manage relationships and regular communication with program partners across government and civil society;
● Identify additional partnership and programming opportunities;
● Contribute to the design and analysis of disinformation research;
● Contribute to the development of strategic documents – concept papers, project proposals, work plans, M&E plans and reports;
● Contribute to the development of briefing materials for staff, external consultants and program partners.
● Conduct briefings for internal and external audiences on the program content as assigned.
● Bachelor’s Degree in sociology, political sciences, communications, international relations or a related field required; graduate degree preferred;
● At least 3 years of relevant work experience in the field of information environment, hybrid warfare or media landscape is highly preferred;
● Solid understanding of the current countering disinformation initiatives in Ukraine;
● Keen interest in and good understanding of political and civic landscape;
● Experience in all aspects of program cycle, including design, coordination, operations, monitoring and evaluation;
● Management and leadership skills in order to lead, inspire and motivate colleagues;
● Strong interpersonal, communication and networking skills, and a demonstrated ability to build and maintain professional relationships with a wide range of stakeholders;
● Ability to work in an organized manner, meet deadlines and work both individually and in a team;
● Working knowledge of Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Google Drive, G+, etc.);
● Fluency in Ukrainian and English is required.
Interested applicants should submit a CV and motivation letter in PDF as one file in English by email to the following email address: [email protected]. Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of the e-mail (Countering Disinformation Program Officer/Senior Program Officer).
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email & motivation letter where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.
The deadline for submission of the application is by close of business on April 21, 2021.
Only selected candidates will be invited for a written test. Successful finalists will be invited for an oral interview.
NDI welcomes and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. As such, our commitment is to promote equal employment opportunities for all applicants seeking employment and employees. NDI makes employment decisions based on organizational needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to any grounds such as age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression etc.