Country Director Ukraine
Terre des hommes Ukraine is recruiting Country Director to lead the operations and programmatic initiatives (child protection, social protection and/or development aid) at country level. If you are looking for a meaningful job that will make a lasting impact on the lives of children, we want to meet you.
Start date as soon as possible
Contract One-year, local, full-time Employment Contract, renewable.
Salary According to the salary scale of the organization; private medical insurance.
Location Kiev, with travel between Tdh offices: Mariupol, Donetsk region and Sievierodonetsk, Luhansk region
Deadline: 20 August 2021. Please note that applications will be processed on a rolling basis even before this date. The position is open until is filled.
WHAT WE DO IN EUROPE AND UKRAINE
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss child relief agency. Founded in 1960, we are committed to improving the lives of millions of the world’s most vulnerable children. Through our innovative protection and health projects, we provide assistance to over three million children and their families in almost forty countries each year. In Europe, Tdh intervenes directly or indirectly in many countries, relying on teams based in Budapest, Albania, Greece, Kosovo, Romania, Moldova, and Ukraine.
In Ukraine, Terre des hommes have a coordination office in Kiev, and it is active in Luhansk and Donetsk regions, with field offices in Severodonetsk and Mariupol, supporting the victims of the armed
conflict. Tdh provides psychological support and creates child-friendly spaces for them, trains local professionals to better protect children and their families.
The Country Director (CD) will be responsible for supporting the strategic development and implementation of the Terre des hommes programs in Ukraine. The Country Director reports directly to the Head of Eastern Europe Delegation (Romania, Moldova, Ukraine), advises and assists him in the definition of programs, projects, operational and institutional strategies in line with Tdh’s global, regional strategy and policies. He/she is responsible for leading the advocacy strategy and partnerships of Tdh in Ukraine as well as in representing the organization in strategic meetings and events as required. The CD has direct management responsibility and supervision over the program staff based on the organization’s organigram. Additionally, the CD oversees the overall financial and administrative management of the delegation.
- To lead and oversee Tdh Ukraine implementation of the country and regional strategy, overall projects coordination, planning, and monitoring.
- To represent Tdh Ukraine with partners, donors and in advocacy, networking events reporting back as applicable to the Head of EE Delegation.
- To lead and coordinate fundraising efforts, including writing project proposals, building partnerships, and negotiating consortiums agreements.
- To be up to date with the political situation in the country and follow closely the implementation of the government agenda on child protection, migration, juvenile justice, social inclusion, and other related topics.
- In charge of ensuring quality control of all public and internal documents, communication tools and strategies to promote the work of Tdh and its partners.
- In charge of the overall financial and budget management of projects under Head of EE Delegation supervision including quality control, operational budget piloting (monitoring, forecasting, anticipating, and proposing changes) and follow-up.
- To organize and facilitate quarterly program review and lead or contribute to the organization of various staff meetings, working groups, planning events, etc.
- To contribute to the strengthening of knowledge management efforts and overseeing research elements and projects.
- To promote synergy and team building within Tdh Ukraine, and to work with the Head of EE Delegation and HR for defining and reviewing the best team architecture and training possible, to ensure team coherence.
- To apply consistently the policies of Terre des hommes related to child safeguarding, gender and diversity, safety and security and anti-fraud/Corruption.
- University degree (Master’s or equivalent) from an accredited educational institution in a relevant field.
- Strong expertise in the field of child rights and child protection; knowledge of migration, juvenile justice, and social inclusion programs.
- Minimum 5 years of management experience preferably with an international organization.
- Strong team leadership qualities.
- Experience working with projects funded from institutional donors such as EU, Europe Aid, SDC, UNICEF, other UN agencies
- Extensive project management experience (planning, staff development and training skills).
- A successful track record in fundraising and extensive knowledge of relevant institutional donors at national and European level.
- Ability to uphold high standards under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to establish an environment of cooperation and collaboration
- Excellent oral and written skills in English (C1). Ukrainian language knowledge is a must. Russian language is desirable.
- Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their CV and motivation in English to [email protected] Please include “Country Director, your name and surname” in the subject line of the application email. Child Safeguarding Policy:
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email & motivation letter where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.
To commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy.
Due to an anticipated high number of applications, Tdh is not able to respond to every applicant individually.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.