WWF is the world’s largest conservation organization, founded in 1961. We’re active in nearly 100 countries and have over 7700 employees. For nearly 60 years, WWF has worked for a living planet where people and nature thrive. WWF’s mission is to stop the degradation of the planet’s natural environment and to build a future in which people live in harmony with nature.
The organisation is unique in working across all sectors, with governments and public authorities, the private sector, civil society and individuals around the world to develop and deliver innovative solutions that protect communities, wildlife, and the places in which they live.
Globally, WWF focuses on the following areas: Forests, Freshwater, Wildlife, Oceans, Climate, Food, as well as cross-cutting issues of finance, governance and markets.
WWF Central and Eastern Europe is responsible for leading and to a significant extent implementing WWF’s efforts to preserve, restore and sustainably manage the natural values of the Danube-Carpathian ecoregion, which we also call the Green Heart of Europe. With a team of 160 highly specialized professionals, we are working across political borders through an ecoregional approach based on model projects, influencing
policy, networking, capacity building, communication and crisis response.
WWF-Ukraine is a member of WWF-CEE, a self-governing member of the WWF global network covering Ukraine, Moldova, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Slovakia and the Czech Republic.
WWF-Ukraine has been operating in the country for 20 years, uniting the efforts of 20 employees in three cities – Kyiv, Lviv and Odesa.
The Ukrainian team currently comprises specialists working on forests, freshwater, wildlife as well as public policy, corporate engagement, marketing as well as finance and administration. To date, WWF-Ukraine has built a solid record on conservation restoration and sustainable management of natural resources.
The WWF-Ukraine Country Manager will be instrumental in leveraging this record together with know-how and resources from across the WWF global network to engage government and public authorities, the private sector, civil society and the general public for a Ukraine in which people and nature thrive.
Reporting to the Regional CEO, WWF-CEE, the Country Manager of WWF-Ukraine will be the key executive responsible for:
- Good management of WWF’s operations in Ukraine in line with legal and reporting requirements and WWF standards.
- Strategic representation of WWF towards third parties in Ukraine (including public and private sector partners as well as civil society).
- Leading Strategic, Operational and Organizational Development plans as well as the budget for WWF in Ukraine, in line and as part of the WWF-CEE regional frameworks.
- Ensuring that WWF in Ukraine has the necessary efficient structures, systems, processes, capacities and resources to achieve strategic, operational and organizational development objectives.
- Leading the creation and maintenance of an organizational culture in line with the values and principles of WWF-CEE and the broader WWF Network.
- Leading fundraising functions.
- Contributing to regional decision-making as a member of the WWF-CEE Strategic Management Team and participating in global meetings of Country Managers in the WWF Network.
As a well-qualified and motivated candidate, you have:
- Advanced technical qualifications or university degree with over 10 years of experience or post-graduate qualification with 8 years management experience.
- Good knowledge of organizational planning and management, financial planning and budgeting, fundraising and donor cultivation, and human resource management.
- Understanding of biodiversity conservation and sustainable development issues particularly with regard to Ukraine and the broader region of Central and Southeastern Europe.
- Proven experience in managing at least a small team and office.
- Experience with strategic and operational planning and monitoring of implementation, representation of a brand/organization, positioning and creation of strategic partnerships.
- Proven experience in organizational planning and development, change management processes, overseeing budgeting and fundraising
3. Skills and Abilities:
- Proven ability to manage interdisciplinary professional staff.
- Decision-making skills with a strong business acumen and drive for results.
- Diplomatic and cultural skills to work with a broad array of individuals from a variety of backgrounds and nationalities.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in Ukrainian, Russian and English.
- Proven ability to fundraise and manage funds creatively to support the costs of a team and its operations.
- the opportunity to make a difference – for the CEE region and for WWF
- challenging and fulfilling work in one of Europe’s most exciting eco-regions
- friendly and highly professional working atmosphere in an international context
- varying tasks and independent work style
- a pleasant working atmosphere and great learning environment
- salary according to NGO standards
The final candidate is expected to start ASAP. Location – Kyiv.
- To explore this opportunity, please send your CV and motivation letter stating your interest in this position to Andriy Mashkov, Principal at Boyden Global Executive Search at [email protected]
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email & cover letter where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.
Please understand that we can only reply to short-listed candidates.
Boyden is a premier leadership and talent advisory firm with 76 offices in 48 countries, connecting great companies with great leaders through executive search and leadership consulting solutions. WWF partners with Boyden for this campaign.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until this position is filled.