NIRAS International Consulting is seeking a Country Office Director that can help us grow our business in Ukraine.
We are looking for a person with a strong commitment to build a value driven business willingness to build on years of NIRAS experience in Ukraine and to expand our NIRAS team in Ukraine to new horizons. We look for a person with previous knowledge from business development, high quality service delivery and team management. High ethical standards and integrity are defining characteristics for the position. We would need a person with experience working with international development, either in a consultancy organization or in other business- oriented organization or donor agency.
Terms of Reference
The Country Office Director will be a key player to grow NIRAS business in line with the NIRAS strategy for Ukraine, spearhead NIRAS work on quality standards in service delivery, manage staff, and ensure that the statutory and business compliance requirements of the company are met in full as well as able to produce high quality reports.
The role as Country Director is a full-time role and foreseen as a long-term position. International candidates should preferably be residing in-country with resident status.
- Graduate or Post graduate qualification with a minimum of 5 years of proven leadership, managerial and program experience in development and/or business
- Results focused orientation with proven track record of delivery
- Ability to manage and motivate a highly qualified team of professionals in different fields.
- Solid understanding of financial management and budgeting
- Proficiency in English, Ukrainian (spoken and written)
- Experience leading and managing large complex projects budgets, delivering, and reporting results, and ensuring compliance with donor requirements
- Demonstrated success in cultivating and maintaining relationships with donors/clients of all kinds: government, individuals, private sector, and private foundations
- Well organized and structured approach to the business
- Outstanding interpersonal skills including the ability to build coalitions, negotiate, and manage conflict situations
- Outstanding communication skills with ability to clarify vision and strategy
- Excellent report writing skills and working knowledge of computers and MS Office software package
- A strong business development acumen as well as being well organized with operational management skills and enthusiastic to work in diverse environment
- Proactive and able to multi-task between business development, operational management, and delivery with ease
- A matrix manager and an initiative taker – comfortable in an environment not driven by hierarchy.
- Focused on client needs and comfortable working directly with clients across all levels of seniority.
- An ability to work as an ambassador for NIRAS, able to represent the company at different international and national fora
- Have exceptional ethics and integrity
Areas of Responsibility:
- Responsibility for implementing and reporting on the NIRAS Ukraine strategy
- Maintain the NIRAS office as a contact point with on-going projects, and donors
- Maintain close relations with key donors, maintain an updated list of contacts in the donor network while gathering information on current developments
- Follow and analyze the national priorities for development cooperation and other investments, in NIRAS’ key sectors
- Support other NIRAS international staff in establishing and developing networks in Ukraine
- Participate in meetings/workshops/events that may be important for NIRAS in Ukraine
- Lead or support tender preparations for NIRAS tenders in Ukraine, including fact finding missions, organizing meetings with key local stakeholders, contact and negotiation with potential partners, consultants and staff during tender processes
- Advice NIRAS colleagues on local rules and regulations including tender budget and local cost estimates
C. Office Management
In cooperation with other NIC staff and/or the external accountant;
- Ensure full compliance with NIRAS Integrity Management System (IMS), as well as Ukranian Tax and other laws (together with the external accountant)
- Recognize and prevent risks to projects and to the Company
- Report on progress on NIRAS Ukraine strategy and business plan
- Overall responsibility for the financial management of the NIRAS Ukraine office, including sign for local bank accounts, signatory on NIRAS projects in country/region, ensure proper book-keeping, provide regular financial reports to the NIRAS Group, and maintain an asset record
D. Staff Management
- Responsibility for the NIRAS Ukraine office and the management of staff in the office, including overall human resource development, staff development and salary reviews
E. Project Management
- Be involved in client negotiations for projects, as necessary
- Ensure efficient and effective PM of both Country Office (CO) and Head Office (HO) projects using the NIRAS Project Manual for high quality delivery
F. Working with the larger NIRAS organization
- Attend and contribute to the NIRAS across meetings, dialogue and communication
- Ensure that staff are well versed with decisions made by the Executive Management Team (EMT), as necessary
How to apply
- Submit your application via the link with a detailed CV, cover letter and contacts of 3 references. Send your application no later than the 7th of August 2021: https://www.niras.com/jobs/apply/?rmpage=apply&rmjob=476
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover letter how (vacanciesinukraine.com) you have heard about this position.