Terms of Reference
Creative Writing activity consultant for the project Ensuring protective services and assistance to mine victims and strengthening the capacities of the local communities towards their support in Donetska oblast and Luhansk oblast, GCA
1. Function: Short-term expert
2. Place of work: East Ukraine, online
4. Reports to: Project Manager
5. Duration of services: April-November 2021
Terre des hommes is the leading Swiss child relief agency. Through our health, protection and emergency aid projects, we provide assistance to over three million children and their families in over 45 countries each year. In Ukraine our strategy aims at supporting the population affected by the conflict and developing programmes for children affected by migration and children in conflict with the law.
Purpose of work:
The Creative Writing Method is a learning program that helps to reveal creative abilities, to establish the process of creativity and to develop authentic style of creativity. The Creative Writing Method is a powerful tool for disclosure of own potential.
The peculiarity of the tool is that in the process of learning students learn to transform
their life experience in creativity, use it, not try to run away from it; to live and sublimate difficult moments of life, to meet it as is, use their memories, emotions, feelings to create artistic texts; find a place for the past and move on.
Tdh is implementing PSS subcomponent for cildren and youth aged 14+ who are schoolers in Luhansk and Donetsk region (government controlled areas). The Creative Writing Method looks at the phenomenon mainly from a qualitative perspective, focusing at the opportunity for improving current children’s well-being through self-support and developing appropriate skills and resilience.
The purpose of the current position is to organise
– 3 training seasons, 2 groups of 8 cildren in each;
– 2 classes per week, learning course duration 10 weeks;
– class time is 2 hours with one break for 15 minutes;
The incumbent will conduct his or her duties in full accordance with the Terre des hommes Charter and the Convention on the Rights of the Child.
With regard to the Child Protection Policy, the incumbent undertakes to fully abide by the Tdh Child Protection Policy and to do his utmost to ensure respect of all employed or affiliated with the project(s): staff, volunteers, interns, consultants.
Terre des hommes expects that its employees’ professional conduct reflects proper behavior in accordance with the local contexts. The incumbent assures the protection of beneficiaries and moral protection of the name of Terre des hommes. S/he defends in all circumstances the interests of the movement.
The incumbent will direct his or her activities and engagements without preoccupation of political, racial or religious affiliation.
The consultant will provide the following services:
– Select the participants to the online Creative Writing learning classes based on the provided by Tdh Ukraine selection mechanism;
– Form groups of children for 3 (three) training seasons, 2 (two) groups of 8 (eight) children in each;
– Conduct online Creative Writing learning classes with children in accordance to the Creative Writing Method in spoken language of children as of 1 (one) class per group per week, learning course duration 10 (ten) weeks, class time is 2 (two) hours with one break for 15 (fifteen) minutes;
– Select students’ works and edit texts to create anthology;
Period of the services: The period of services is April-October 2021. Final report to be delivered by November 10.
Offer must include:
– Consultant qualifications and experience (CV)
– Financial offer including fee (no covering fee, transport, accommodation and any materials needed since the classes are supposed to be conducted online)
Please send offer to [email protected] by 11 April 2021.
- To help us track our procurement effort, please indicate in your email where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this tender/procurement notice