The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is an International non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. The Danish Demining Group (DDG) is the mine action and armed violence reduction unit within DRC and focuses on freeing communities from the fear of mines, explosive remnants of war and armed violence.
Overall purpose of the role: DDG Team Leader – Demining (Manual Mine Clearance (MMC) Team) supports ongoing humanitarian mine clearance projects in eastern Ukraine.
- Shall ensure team members adhere to the DDG SOPs at all times.
- Coordinates all day to day tasks of his team.
- Shall ensure that the necessary demining equipment is in place and in good working order before leaving base.
- Shall physically check for abnormalities in the cleared area of the clearance task every morning prior to start of work.
- Shall brief the team daily prior to starting work.
- Monitors the health of each team member before leaving the base.
- Shall deploy the team in accordance with the approved implementation plan and apply safe and effective land release methodologies throughout all clearance tasks.
- Shall ensure the paramedic maintains communications with DDG radio room, prior to commencing work and during the working day.
- Shall ensure the paramedic and driver keep the ambulance clean and tidy at all times.
- Shall ensure that all reports, daily attendance and log books are updated daily.
- Shall conduct daily Internal QA/QC as per the approved implementation plan and SOPs.
- Shall oversee CASEVAC exercises planned by the paramedic. Takes part in trainings, seminars, events.
- Shall be responsible for submitting logistical requests to the Logistics Officer and all other administration requirements to enable his/her team to function efficiently.
- Keeps financial records for the spending of allocated funds.
- Shall prepare, maintain and control necessary stores/equipment for the team and have an equipment list on site.
- By the end of each cycle organize equipment check, cleaning and adequate storage.
- Shall report faulty/damaged clearance equipment to the DS.
- Shall carry out other tasks as dictated by changing circumstances or as required by the DS.
- Experience in humanitarian demining at least 2 years.
- Experience in leadership and supervising of deminers during a humanitarian mine operation.
- PC Possession: Basic information about Microsoft Office packages (with focus on Excel and Word).
- Secondary education.
- Fluency in Ukrainian and Russian (oral and written) and basic/pre-intermediate English.
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract length: 3 months probationary period, followed by 1-year contract dependant on satisfactory performance with possibility of extension based on available funding.
Start date: 1st of April, 2021
The application is open for Ukrainian citizens only. Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National Staff.
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesinukraine.com/jobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover letter how (vacanciesinukraine.com) you have heard about this position.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 24 February 2021
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.