The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is an International non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. The Danish Demining Group (DDG) is the mine action and armed violence reduction unit within DRC and focuses on freeing communities from the fear of mines, explosive remnants of war and armed violence.
DDG is looking for a dedicated DDG Demining Supervisor to support in the expansion and development of DDG`s directly-deployed humanitarian demining capacity.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Provide a technical oversight of field operations and training of the Mine Action Programme, including safety and security, daily operational planning and implementation, and the direction and discipline of employed operational mine action personnel.
- Be responsible for internal Quality Control (QC) and Quality Assurance (QA), and/or tasking and management of quality management assets.
- Provide liaison on technical questions with National Mine Action Center (NMAC) as necessary.
- Assist the Technical Field Manager/Operations Manager (TFM/OM) in developing the project’s technical contribution to the national mine clearance capacity.
- Develop and maintain the DDG technical procedures for project operations in co-operation with the TFM/OM.
- Assist the TFM/OM in maintaining the reporting mechanisms and producing proper records and reports on all aspects of technical operations. This includes daily/weekly/ monthly reporting.
- Assist the TFM/OM in the training of managerial staff where their tasks may require understanding of technical mine clearance policy or procedure.
- Establish and maintain relationships at a technical level with all organisations (civil, commercial, military or humanitarian) involved in mine actions in the project area and keep TFM/OM informed.
- Pursue contacts with other mine action organizations throughout the country whenever possible.
- Act as training advisor to all operational personnel and ensure that training policies decreed by the TFM/OM/ Training Specialist are understood and carried out by all relevant personnel.
- Keep a record of all training carried out by all employees. The training record shall be kept up to date and a copy be held with the employee’s records or as part of the DDG training file for external students.
- Liaise with the NMAC External Quality Assurance section/Operational cell to ensure that all necessary checks are carried out in a timely and efficient manner.
- Full comply with the DRC Code of Conduct and ensure its implementation to all operational national staff.
To be successful in this role we expect you to have:
- Relevant working experience (at least 3 years) at international level with humanitarian international NGOs or similar international body, within the Mine Action sector;
- Hands-on experience of training, supervising and deploying manual demining teams is required (minefield and Battle Area Clearance);
- Knowledge of and practical experience with a range of hand-held detectors, such as the Minelab F3, Ebinger UPEX 740M, CEIA CMD, Vallon VMR3 / VMC, for the purposes of manual demining is essential;
- Internationally recognised EOD certificationent will be considered as an advantage;
- Experience in drafting SOPs is required;
- Experience in designing and delivering technical training is required
- Intermediate level in written and spoken English, Fluency in Ukrainian and Russian;
- A high degree of computer literacy is required;
- Work experience in programme management, including representation, technical supervision of staff, monitoring and evaluation is highly desirable;
- Knowledge of advanced trauma care is highly desirable;
- Knowledge of supply chain procurement procedures and budget management will be considered advantageous.
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract length: 3 months probationary period, followed by 1 year contract dependant on satisfactory performance with possibility of extension based on available funding.
Level: G management
Start date: 1st of March,2021
The application is open for Ukraine citizens only. Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National Staff.
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesinukraine.com/jobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover letter where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 11 February 2021
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/about-us/job-and-career/support-for-job-seekers.