The incumbent performs:
• Budget tracking, payment processing and financial administration;
• Management of information flow and quality control of documentation for the Director;
• Travel planning;
• Event planning and organization;
• Agenda management;
• Point of contact duties for visitors and callers;
• Management of the Program’s contact lists;
• Research and input to reports and briefings;
• Other duties, as required, such as, maintaining working files; coordinating leave schedules; maintaining database systems; organizing the purchase of office supplies, inventory control, etc.
As directed by the Director, the incumbent may also be responsible for additional duties in support of broader embassy objectives.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher from a recognized university;Language:
• Fluency in English (oral and written)
• Fluency in Ukrainian (oral and written)
• Minimum two years’ recent* administrative experience supporting a team;
• Experience working for an international organization or diplomatic mission in the last three years;
• Recent* experience in a job with the following duties:
o Working with external clients responding to queries and providing information;
o Contacts and record management;
o Administrative support related to budgets and accounting procedures.
*Recent means within the last five working years.
The Rated Requirements relating to knowledge, abilities and competencies will also be assessed. Methods of assessment may include, but are not limited to, a written examination, an oral interview, role-play, practical tests, presentations and/or psychometric assessment.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
• Knowledge of standard office procedures and practices
• Some knowledge of the international development
• Effective interactive communication – oral and written
• Being organized
• Adaptability and flexibility
• Interpersonal skills
• Teamwork and cooperation
Les candidats doivent également satisfaire aux exigences cotées indiquées ci-dessous relatives aux connaissances, aptitudes et compétences qui seront évaluées au moyen des éléments suivants : examen écrit, entrevue orale, jeu de rôle, test pratique, présentation et/ou test psychométrique.
• Solide connaissance de Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
• Connaissance des procédures et pratiques standard du bureau
• Une certaine connaissance du développement international
• Communication interactive efficace – tant à l’oral qu’à l’écrit
• Être organisé
• Adaptabilité et flexibilité
• Compétences interpersonnelles
• Travail d’équipe et coopération
• Résolution de problème
• Degree in international development, political science, business administration or an acceptable combination of education, training, and work experience in these areas
• Working knowledge of French (oral & written)
• Experience planning and coordinating events
• Experience working with international development stakeholders (Ukrainian government, civil society, multilateral organizations, other embassies, etc.)
• Experience preparing content for social media.
• Able to travel and attend off-site meetings.
• Able to obtain and retain an enhanced reliability security clearance
• Possession of a valid passport.
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesinukraine.com/embassyjobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover letter where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.
• Candidates are required to upload a cover letter and CV in English or French. Applications which do not include the requested documents or information in the CV or cover letter will be rejected. Any additional information must be included as part of these two attachments.
• Candidates who are unable to submit their application due to technical difficulties must report these to [email protected] prior to the closing date. Failure to so will result in the application being rejected.
• Please do not use a tablet or cell phone to submit your application, as mobile browsers are not supported by our on-line portal. Candidates should only apply using a laptop or desktop computer.
• Only applications submitted in one of the official languages of Canada will be accepted (English or French). Candidates are entitled to participate in the recruitment process in the official language of their choice and to indicate their preferred official language in their application.
• Communication for this process will be sent via email. It is the responsibility of the candidates to ensure accurate contact information is provided and updated as required.
• Candidates who apply to this vacancy should include an email address that accepts email from unknown users and regularly check their email, including spam folder.
• Reference checks will be sought for candidates that reach interview stage and may form part of the selection process.
• The Embassy of Canada in Kyiv does not reimburse any travel costs to and from interviews/exams nor does it reimburse any relocation costs.
• Candidates requiring any special assistance in attending exams or interviews are requested to inform us.
• The results of this recruitment process may also be used to establish an eligibility list of qualified candidates for similar openings at the Embassy of Canada in Kyiv which might arise in the 12 months following the completion of this recruitment process.