Document Production Specialist
On March 2, 2020, EnCompass LLC was awarded the Monitoring and Learning Support Contract (MLS) to support the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) mission in Ukraine to holistically provide technical assistance support and other services in monitoring and evaluation. EnCompass, our subcontractor NORC at the University of Chicago, Pardee and other local partners will aim to improve the achievement and sustainability of USAID’s development outcomes for USAID/Ukraine, including USAID Belarus.
The Document Production Specialist will compile, develop and edit reports, presentations, factsheets, project and marketing briefs for the MLS team. This individual will coordinate with members of the communications team both in Ukraine and at EnCompass LLC headquarters for document planning and production. Qualified applicants will be reviewed based on outlined skill sets. Ukrainian national consultants are preferred for this role.
This assignment is based in Kyiv, Ukraine and is remote due to COVID. Position reports to the Ukraine MLS Chief of Party. Depending on the nature of a particular task, supervision may be delegated to other MLS senior staff.
Provide a wide range of high-quality and innovative project communications and marketing services.
- Compile, develop and edit reports, presentations, factsheets, project and marketing briefs
- Ensure that materials adhere to EnCompass and USAID style guidelines and are accurate, error-free, and submitted on time
- Design and develop templates, style guides, and other tools and standards for staff use to ensure corporate/client brand and formatting consistency
- Plan and execute all assigned tasks within budget and established deadlines
- Develop products compliant with Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Section 508, as requested
- Coordinate and work collaboratively with the project management team to plan and manage the document planning and production
- Other duties as assigned related to document production
- Bachelor’s Degree Required (Communications preferred)
General Experience and Skills
- At least 6 years’ experience in professional writing, editing, communications or a related field
- Strong verbal, editorial, and written communication skills in both English and Ukrainian
- In-depth command of English and Ukrainian grammar and linguistics—morphology, syntax, semantics, and pragmatics
- Adept at identifying and framing problems, setting priorities, and making critical assessments
- Proven ability to understand the communication needs of an organization and its stakeholders, and to identify creative solutions
- Ability to confidently engage with staff at all levels to define needs and expectations, collaborate on projects, and communicate results
- Exceptional thoroughness, heightened attention to detail, and commitment to consistency
- Ability to produce thorough, high quality work with a tight timeframe
- Ability to provide clear and constructive feedback on technical products, and receive feedback from team members
- Understanding of compliance with ADA Section 508 and/or copyright law highly desirable
- Experience working with organizations with an international focus is preferred
- Ability to work in an appreciative, cross-cultural, strengths-based environment
- Advanced skills in working with templates and formatting materials using Microsoft Office programs, especially Word and PowerPoint; working with charts in Microsoft Excel (facility with other visualization or text-based tools preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to apply the guidance in an organization-specific style guide, and differentiate between American and British English to adhere to client’s standards as needed
- Familiarity with USAID communications templates, and branding and marking guidelines
- Proficiency with online technology and web-based tools
- Solid understanding of content management and information technology
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships virtually with a diverse group of EnCompass Home Office, Ukraine Field team and subcontractor members
- Ability to manage time and prioritize tasks, producing quality products within tight time constraints
- Demonstrated experience in working on multiple priorities consecutively and sequentially and meeting quality standards for accuracy, attention to detail, and timeliness
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Reliable, secure, high-speed internet connection. Providing services remotely via internet connection is acceptable.
- The consultant will use their own equipment and ensure they have necessary software licenses and subscriptions to provide the required services.
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesinukraine.com/jobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover letter where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.
Please submit CV and cover letter in English, including salary expectations in Ukrainian currency.