Since 2008, Pact has been implementing USAID’s civil society programs in Ukraine, including the USAID/ENGAGE activity, which was launched in October 2016 (www.facebook.com/usaidengage, https://engage.org.ua/).
Period of performance: July 2020 – October 2020
USAID/ENGAGE is looking for a consultant to review and edit the content of the online course.
Duties and Responsibilities
With this contract ENGAGE aims to procure services of an expert in human rights and gender issues to review and edit the content of the civic education online course from the point of view of human rights, non-discrimination and gender sensitivity. It is also expected that proofreading will be part of this contract to finalize the text of all 60 lessons of the course and make it ready for the launch.
Written educational materials for the whole course shall not exceed 840,000 characters or 466 conditional pages of 18,000 characters per page.
The course will consist of 60 lessons which will be prepared during the period of June-October 2020. The course is expected to start in September 2020 with the beginning of the school year. By that time educational materials for at least half of the course shall be finalized and offered to schoolchildren and broader public. The rest of the course will be completed by the end of October 2020. To enable a timely launch of the course an editor will work in parallel with the course authors. He/she will edit educational materials for lessons upon their completion by authors.
- Materials of the civic education course for 10th graders are reviewed, edited from the point of view of human rights, non-discrimination and gender sensitivity and their proofreading is completed.
- Proven track record of experience in human rights, non-discrimination and gender sensitivity;
- Experience in proofreading;
- Experience in the design or editing of educational materials on human rights and non-discrimination for children is an asset.
- Please send the following documents to [email protected] with “Editor (online course)” in the subject line by July 02, 2020 COB.
- Cover letter confirming the interest and availability for the indicated period of work
- Financial Proposal (in UAH/USD) specifying the total lump sum amount for tasks specified in this announcement. Please also indicate your rate per 1000 symbols and per page (1800 symbols).
- Works from portfolio, that proves the experience in human rights, non-discrimination and gender sensitivity and proofreading
- Pact Generic BioData Form_V1 (can be found here https://pactworld.box.com/s/xs8c5uymicwmyvfsfk5q6101f2cnnue1)
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email & cover letter where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.