Trade Commissioner Assistant
USD 18,643 gross per annum paid twice-monthly in UAH equivalent
This position is an LES (Locally Engaged Staff) position, subject to the Terms and Conditions of Employment for LES in Ukraine.
Closing date for applications:
19-01-2020 at 23:59 UTC/GMT
Summary of position:
Reporting to the Senior Trade Commissioner, the Trade Commissioner Assistant contributes to the delivery of an integrative trade program in Ukraine by providing administrative, financial, scheduling, research, and other related services.
The incumbent performs:
- Information flow management and quality control of documentation;
- Budget tracking and financial administration procedures;
- Event planning and organization;
- Agenda management;
- Point of contact duties for visitors and callers;
- Updating of the mission client management tool (TRIO2);
- Research and input to reports and briefings;
- Routine maintenance and utilization of electronic tools;
- Other duties, as required, such as, maintaining working files; coordinating leave schedules; maintaining database systems; organizing the purchase of office supplies, etc.
As directed by the Senior Trade Commissioner, the incumbent may also be responsible for the delivery of international business development services to Canadian clients in the mission territory.
Candidates will initially be screened against the essential qualifications relating to education, experience and language. It is insufficient to state that one simply meets the listed qualifications. Candidates must clearly demonstrate in their cover letter and CV how they meet each of these essential qualifications.
Bachelor’s degree or higher from a recognized university;
- Fluency in English (oral and written)
- Fluency in Ukrainian (oral and written)
- Minimum 2 years recent* administrative experience supporting a team;
- Experience working for an international organization or diplomatic mission in the last 3 years;
- Recent* experience in managing, tracking, and reporting on enquiries received from clients related to the delivery of programs and services;
- Recent* experience in a job with the following duties:
o Working with external clients responding to queries and providing information;
o Contacts and record management, and working with client record management tools;
o Administrative support related to budgets and accounting procedures.
*Recent means within the last 5 years.
The Rated Requirements relating to knowledge, abilities and competencies will also be assessed. Methods of assessment may include, but are not limited to, a written examination, an oral interview, role-play, practical tests, presentations and/or psychometric assessment.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of standard office procedures and practices
- Some knowledge of the Ukrainian business environment
- Effective interactive communication – oral and written
- Being organized
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Client focus
- Interpersonal skills
- Teamwork and cooperation
- Creativity/ Innovation
Preference may be given to candidates who meet the Asset Qualifications. Where applicable, candidates must clearly demonstrate how they meet any asset qualifications in their cover letter and CV.
- Degree in business administration or commerce, or an acceptable combination of education, training, and work experience in international trade
- *Recent experience working at the Embassy of Canada in Kyiv (*Recent is defined as within the last 2 years)
- Working knowledge of French (oral & written)
- Experience planning and coordinating events
- Experience working with private sector clients.
- Must be willing to work occasional irregular hours and overtime, and sometimes be available on call outside normal business hours
- Able to travel and attend off-site meetings.
Condition(s) of Employment:
- Right to work in Ukraine
- Able to obtain and retain an enhanced reliability security clearance
- Possession of a valid passport.
Area of selection:
Open to internal and external applicants who are legal residents or citizens of Ukraine, who meet all of the essential requirements stated below, and whose applications are received by the closing date. Please note that the Embassy of Canada in Kyiv does not sponsor work authorizations directly or indirectly. The Canadian Government is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from diverse sections of the community. Candidates will be considered on merit regardless of ethnic origin, religious belief, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other irrelevant factor.
Important Notes & Application Information:
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesinukraine.com/embassyjobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover letter where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.
- Candidates are required to upload a cover letter and CV in English or French. Applications which do not include the requested documents or information in the CV or cover letter will be rejected. Any additional information must be included as part of these two attachments.
- Candidates who are unable to submit their application due to technical difficulties must report these to: [email protected] prior to the closing date. Failure to so will result in the application being rejected.
- Please do not use a tablet or cell phone to submit your application, as mobile browsers are not supported by our on-line portal. Candidates should only apply using a laptop or desktop computer.
- Only applications submitted in one of the official languages of Canada will be accepted (English or French). Candidates are entitled to participate in the recruitment process in the official language of their choice and to indicate their preferred official language in their application.
- Communication for this process will be sent via email. It is the responsibility of the candidates to ensure accurate contact information is provided and updated as required.
- Candidates who apply to this vacancy should include an email address that accepts email from unknown users and regularly check their email, including spam folder.
- Reference checks will be sought for candidates that reach interview stage and may form part of the selection process.
- The Embassy of Canada in Kyiv does not reimburse any travel costs to and from interviews/exams nor does it reimburse any relocation costs.
- Candidates requiring any special assistance in attending exams or interviews are requested to inform us.
- The results of this recruitment process may also be used to establish an eligibility list of qualified candidates for similar openings at the Embassy of Canada in Kyiv which might arise in the 12 months following the completion of this recruitment process.