The purpose of the USAID Economic Resilience Activity is to improve the overall economic resilience of eastern Ukraine. Resilience is “the ability of people, households, communities, countries, and systems to mitigate, adapt to, and recover from shocks and stresses in a manner that reduces chronic vulnerability and facilitates inclusive growth.” This activity aims to improve the economic resilience of eastern Ukraine through accomplishing the following objectives:
- Inclusion: building the capabilities of vulnerable populations to capitalize on entrepreneurial and MSME economic opportunities;
- Growth: helping micro, small and medium businesses innovate, invest, and expand markets; and
- Transformation: working with coalitions and leaders to articulate a vision for the future and put in place a modern, diverse, SME-friendly economy.
By accomplishing these objectives, the economy of eastern Ukraine will be more diversified, more integrated with the rest of Ukraine, less dependent on Russia, and the region’s residents will be better equipped to compete for the jobs of the future, thereby improving the economic resilience of the region. The activity will work primarily in the Donetsk and Luhansk oblast—together known as the “Donbas” region—but will also be active in the surrounding oblasts and throughout Ukraine as required to achieve the objectives.
About the job
The Engagement Specialist works to build confidence in the economic future among Easter Ukraine and Azov Sea Region inhabitants. The Specialist is responsible for materials and stakeholders engagement events, resulting in changing the perception of Ukrainians towards eastern Ukraine as a viable place for living and doing business and improving the economic outlook and attractiveness for investments. S/he performs tasks using the Activity’s messaging, as well as supporting messaging where necessary, for ERA’s partners, stakeholders, and key audiences (USAID, local communities, partners, representatives of the local self-government, national government, donors, micro, small and medium enterprises, educational institutions, financial institutions, and others) to ensure proper and effective delivery to each group. The Engagement Specialist uses strong communication skills to build collaborative relationships with other ERA components (Inclusion, Growth) and Communication Team to achieve ERA goals and objectives by using the most appropriate coordination and cooperation tools. As a result of his/her efforts, Activity effectively produces, organizes, and distributes success stories, MSMEs achievements, best local economic development cases, and engages key stakeholder groups to actions.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Conducts and maintains stakeholders relations in support of ERA interventions and activities, including but not limited to development of sub-campaigns, communication with partners, preparation and distribution of announcements and materials for events;
- Plan, organize, and perform the Transformation component’s target events to engage key stakeholders. Prepare materials, powerpoint presentations, handouts content for various events;
- Defines communication and distribution channels for target groups, and prepares and supervises distribution and placement of informative materials in the field, involving other ERA staff (where appropriate);
- Coordinate engagement and promotion events with ERA Communication, Inclusion, and Growth Teams;
- Carries out the distribution of opportunities related to the Activity’s work among stakeholders, beneficiaries, and partners;
- Collaborates with the rest of the ERA Technical teams to identify and shape ideas for stakeholders engagement;
- Under the supervising of ERA Azov Region Representative Lead, execute national and regional level events, including the preparation of briefing documents, public speeches event materials, and event logistics, as necessary;
- Assist ERA Azov Region Representative Lead, Community Development Manager and senior management to coordinate efforts of ERA Technical teams through conducting internal meetings, pause and reflect sessions, coordination meeting with external partners and donors and prepare required materials to improve coordination;
- Work with ERA Communication team to prepare internal and external events in compliance with DAI and USAID Branding rules and requirements;
- Contributes to monthly, quarterly, and annually reporting to USAID.
- Drafts scope of works for consultants and sub-contractors, when appropriate, to ensure the realization of ERA Transformation component’s activities;
- Works closely with the sub-contractors and consultants on execution and timely delivery of their assignments;
- Participates in coordinating meetings with partner organizations;
- Fosters community relations through events such as awareness campaigns, presentations, open days, workshops, and others through involvement in community initiatives;
- Establishes and maintains effective working relations with stakeholders and beneficiaries;
- Develops relationships with national and international partners and donors, representing ERA’s interests.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 8-10 years of relevant experience, particularly in civic engagement, public relations, integrated communications or other fields;
- Fluent written and spoken English, Ukrainian, and Russian;
- Excellent writing and communications skills;
- Experience in realization of creative stakeholders-engagement activities;
- Good knowledge and experience in office software packages, especially presentations;
- Familiarity with the USAID standards and previous experience with a multilateral or international organization is an asset;
- Work with the creative and/or event agencies is an asset.
In this position, you are expected to share the DAI four core values:
- Integrity: commit to civil and ethical behavior, play by the rules, and do the right thing;
- Responsibility: be accountable to clients, partners, grant recipients, beneficiaries, colleagues, and communities where we work. If you fall short, you own up, fix the problem, and get it right the next time;
- Excellence: adhere to the highest technical and professional standards in innovation, learning, and service;
- Global Citizenship: respect cultural diversity and treat everyone everywhere with professionalism and dignity to make the world a better place.
Contract length: 12-months employment agreement with a possibility of extension until August 2024.
Salary Level: We offer competitive market-based salary level for candidates with relevant experience.
Duty station: Mariupol (priority) / Kramatorsk, Ukraine
Benefits: all benefits envisaged by Labor Code of Ukraine, corporate medical insurance for employees and immediate family members.
Start date: August 2021
- All applicants must send a cover letter and updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English to [email protected], please mention in the subject Engagement Specialist, Mariupol (priority) / Kramatorsк
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email & cover letter where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.
Closing date for applications: August 08, 2021
For further information about the DAI GLOBAL LLC, please consult our website dai.com If you want to learn more about Economic resilience Activity, please visit our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ERAUkraine.