The Co-operative Development Foundation of Canada (CDF Canada) is seeking a qualified consultant (individual or firm) to undertake a gender-sensitive value chain and market analysis for the SEW Ukraine project. This assignment will include the preparation of a consolidated value chain report. Please see the full TOR of the assignment (link enclosed at the bottom of this apge).
Assignment location: Ukraine, Kyiv, Kharkiv, and Dnipropetrovsk regions
Timeframe: 3 months
Excerpts from the TOR (enclosed) are provided below:
Value chain refers to the full range of activities that are required to bring a product (or a service) from conception, through different phases of production, to delivery to final consumers and disposal after use.
Further, a value chain exists when all the stakeholders in the chain operate in a way to maximize the generation of value along the chain. The value chain analysis seeks to understand the various factors that drive the incentives, growth, and competitiveness within a particular industry and to identify opportunities and constraints for increasing the benefits of stakeholders operating throughout the industry.
The purpose of this assignment is as follows:
- To identify opportunities for the integration of vulnerable women into the garment sector value chain, either in the labor force, as new entrepreneurs, or increasing value addition of existing women-owned enterprises.
- To identify and analyze potential constraints, that could adversely impact this integration.
- Based on the analysis, to make recommendations, as to project interventions that would maximize the possibility of successfully integrating vulnerable women into the garment sector.
This analysis will contribute to project interventions and workplans. The results of this analysis will be shared with project stakeholders.
The research will include but not be limited to target participants (small producers of clothing, textiles, souvenirs, car interiors (fabric and leather components), repair shops specializing in footwear and clothing repairs, and production suppliers), project target population (including key informants, women in search of work and vulnerable groups), industry experts, project partners and public/private sector representatives (including major garment sector employers, local and global buyers). The field phase of the analysis will be conducted in the selected project regions – Kyiv, Kharkiv, and Dnipropetrovsk. Besides, the desk component of the research should cover Ukraine in general and the regions which concentrate the garment industry’s strongest production and supply chains.
The deliverables of the consultancy will include the draft and final report (one electronic copy in PDF format and one in world format) in English with at least the following sections below covered:
- Executive summary
- Background and the socio-economic context of the value chain
- Methodology and documentation of the process
Limitations and challenges, lessons learned
- Findings from gendered value chain analysis (see Expected Outputs in the full assignment TOR)
- Conclusion and recommendations (see Expected Outputs)
- Annexes (including, but not limited to a list of interviewed informants, a list of industry stakeholders, their role in the value chain and potential contribution, role in the project, etc)
Please submit the following documents to [email protected] no later than 4:00 p.m. EST on Sunday, February 28th, 2021, including the position title (“Value Chain Analysis”) in the subject line. Please note that consultants can apply for this position as an individual (1 person) or an organization (1 company). In the case of a company application, a maximum of 2 consultants are expected to implement the assignment.
Candidates interested in the assignment are expected to provide the following documentation:
- Current resumé or company profile with a statement of experience. A minimum of 3 references should be provided.
- A technical proposal with a detailed response to the TOR, with a specific focus on the scope of work, expected outputs and deliverables, the methodology to be used, and key selection criteria for respondents.
- Initial work plan and delivery timeframes.
- A financial proposal with an applicable daily professional fee and other modes of payment.
- To help us track our procurement effort, please indicate in your email where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this tender/procurement notice.
CDF Canada thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Important: the interested applicants are strongly encouraged to download and study the complete assignment TOR (link enclosed).