Position: PROTECT Expert Deployment Mechanism (EDM) Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time, open to Ukrainian nationals
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Reports to: PROTECT Project Manager
Alinea International provides management and technical expertise to developing and transitional country partners on projects that promote governance and public sector reform, inclusive growth and meaningful opportunities for people to improve their lives. Over the past 30 years, Alinea has implemented more than 350 projects and assignments in 65 countries worldwide. Among these, Alinea’s Ukraine portfolio currently consists of projects in policing, public/security sector reform and governance for international funding agencies including Global Affairs Canada, the UK’s Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office (formerly DFID) and the European Union.
Alinea International is recruiting an experienced manager for the Expert Deployment Mechanism which sources and deploys technical expertise within the Ukrainian security and defence sector.
The EDM facility is operational in the context of Canada’s Promoting Reform Objectives through Technical Expertise and Capacity Transfer (PROTECT) project. PROTECT is a 2 year, 3M CAN$ security sector reform project funded by Global Affairs Canada and implemented in Kyiv, Ukraine. PROTECT provides short-term expert (Ukrainian and international) deployment and capacity to reforms in the security sector. The project responds to the needs of Ukraine’s security institutions and agencies and focuses on building strong analytical approaches in gender equality; women peace and security (WPS); social inclusion; and results-based management into reform initiatives, while lending expertise in the management of reforms.
Project outcomes are defined as follows:
- Improved governance and democratic accountability of Ukraine’s security sector
- Improved planning, coordination, gender responsiveness and strategic analysis of security sector reforms
- Improved implementation of reforms delivered through the Ukrainian security sector
The EDM Manager is responsible for leading the process of sourcing, recruiting and contracting local and regional talent undertaken through the EDM facility, based on specific requirements.
- Assuring the smooth, efficient operations of the EDM facility in the interest of assuring sustainable outcomes in all work undertaken
- Financial and day to day management of the EDM, ensuring compliance with national legislation and Alinea policies
- Development of recruitment strategies and contracting processes
- Refinement of processes and procedures in coordination with corporate headquarters
- Interview planning and rate negotiations (in accordance with project standards)
- Oversight of capacity development of recruited experts
- Refinement of work processes based on lessons learned
The EDM Manager will report to the Field Project Manager and work with Ukraine and Canada-based technical/support professionals on the PROTECT project.
Academic Qualifications and Experience:
- Optimal – Law degree (Ukraine) or similar qualification
- Minimal – Bachelor’s qualifications in human resource management, public administration or a related domain
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a position of mid/senior management on an international development project (of preference public administration reform in Ukraine) with responsibilities including financial/budget management, contract management, strategic planning and staff management/evaluation
- Significant experience with human resourcing processes and strategies
- Experience with Ukrainian labour law and contracting
- Strong communication and presentation/facilitation skills
- Demonstrable organizational and interpersonal skills
- Quick study on digital systems; experienced in the Microsoft suite
- Excellent oral communication and writing skills in English and Ukrainian
- Interested applicants are asked to submit their cover letter and CV (6 page max) to [email protected] by 31 January 2021. Please include the position title in your subject line, and state your approximate salary expectations as a monthly rate, USD, inclusive of benefits.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email & cover letter where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted; no telephone enquires please.
For more information about Alinea, please visit our website: www.alineainternational.com