USAID Economic Resilience Activity (ERA), implemented by DAI GLOBAL LLC, empowers business development in eastern Ukraine. The project works in particular with small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in manufacturing and engineering sectors to promote innovations, and expand to new markets across Ukraine, the European Union, and other destinations.
To strengthen our team and business development footprint in the region, we are looking for highly qualified Expert in Area Development Programming for Kyiv, Donetsk, Kherson, and Zaporizhzhia Oblasts. You will provide expert assistance to the Ministry of Reginal Development in preparing the Program.
About the job
The main objective of the consultancy assignment is to assist ERA in implementing one of its goals of ERA Transformation component.
The Ministry of Development of Communities and Territories of Ukraine (Ministry of Regional Development) in preparing a draft of the State Program of Regional Development “Capacity Development of the Azov-Black Sea Region” for 2021-2027 (hereinafter, the “Program”).
The priorities of the Program are to accelerate the regional economic growth, make regions more competitive through the efficient use of their internal potential, create new jobs, improve employment, and create conditions for repatriating migrant workers.
The Program will be implemented using an integrated territorial approach targeting the territories with specific social, spatial, environmental, and economic features.
The Program defines the Azov-Black Sea region as one of the functional types of such territories. It is an area of land adjacent to the seacoast or the coast of sea bays and estuaries within 30 kilometers of accessibility.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- identify the key actors of the regional policy related to the Azov-Black Sea region, evaluate their capabilities and areas of impact, and assess their potential resources;
- develop the relevant methodology and conduct a survey on prospects for development of the Azov–Black Sea macro-region and on barriers impeding it;
- identify and classify challenges that slow down the development of the Azov–Black Sea macro-region;
- identify and prioritize avenues for boosting the development of the Azov – Black Sea macro-region;
- prepare a draft of the Program to be presented and discussed at the meeting of at least four working groups and ensure the draft is amended and adjusted following these discussions.
To be successful in this role we expect you to have a proven experience and capability to consult, coordinate and cooperate with regional authorities; solid experience in developing of regional and national programs, analytical and strategic documents.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- MA in economics, from a recognized national or international university;
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Willingness to work in the field;
- Good interpersonal skills, and an ability to succeed in a multi-cultural environment;
- Strong analytical skills;
- More than 5 years of experience working in the field.
Contract length: November, 2021 – March, 2022
Total Level of Effort: 40 days with travels
Salary Level: We offer competitive market-based salary level for candidates with relevant experience.
Duty station: Kyiv, Donetsk, Kherson, and Zaporizhzhia Oblasts
Start date: November 1, 2021
- All applicants must send a cover letter and updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English to [email protected]
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email & cover letter where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.
Closing date for applications: October 26, 2021 COB
For further information about the DAI GLOBAL LLC, please consult our website dai.com
If you want to learn more about Economic resilience Activity, please visit our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ERAUkraine