American Bar Association Rule of Law Initiative
Title: Field Financial Manager
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Employment format: independent contractor / registered private entrepreneur
The American Bar Association Rule of Law Initiative (ABA ROLI) works in countries around the world on an array of rule of law and legal reform programs. ABA ROLI seeks a full-time Field Financial Manager (FFM) to oversee the financial and administrative operations in our office based in Kyiv, Ukraine. Under the supervision of the Country Director (CD), also based in Kyiv, the FFM will work with ABA ROLI program and finance teams based out of ABA ROLI Headquarters in Washington, D.C. to provide financial management of the field office and all programs in the assigned portfolio. The FFM will work closely with the CD to ensure compliance with donor and ABA ROLI policies and procedures. The FFM also works to oversee personnel management and ensure compliance with local laws.
The duties of this post include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Managing office funds, including bank accounts and petty cash;
- Preparing detailed monthly expense reports in English, using QuickBooks software;
- Maintain the office cash and bank accounts, conducting monthly bank and cash reconciliations;
- Preparing monthly office cash forecasts;
- Preparing staff рауroll and lосаl tax payments;
- Monitoring program spending for the duration of the grants;
- Ensuring timely payment to vendors in compliance with ABA ROLI policies and procedures;
- Maintaining office financial and operational policies, including security policies in collaboration with ABA ROLI’s field office and Washington-based security staff;
- Working with local field-based staff on financial management and compliance, including training staff on ABA ROLI policies and procedures;
- Overseeing the drafting, executing, and managing of contracts for staff, consultants, and vendors; as well as maintenance of resident staff timesheets, tracking of leave time;
- Other related duties as required.
- At least five years of senior financial management experience within an international non-governmental organization (INGO) or multilateral institution;
- Experience working with US government-funded projects, including familiarity with OMB Circular financial regulations;
- Experience managing staff and working within a team composed of administrative, financial and programmatic staff;
- Experience in human resource management and/or office administration;
- Master’s or equivalent advanced degree in accounting, management & administration, commerce or finance;
- Advanced skills in QuickBooks, Excel, and Word;
- Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively in English;
- High degree of organization, professionalism, integrity, trustworthiness and flexibility;
- Ability to use discretion when working with confidential documents and information;
- Ability to operate efficiently while juggling multiple priorities.
- Interested candidates should send a cover letter and CV with “Ukraine FFM” in the email subject line by February 26, 2021 to [email protected].
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email & cover letter where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.
About the Organization
ABA ROLI is a non-profit program that implements legal reform programs in roughly 40 countries around the world. ABA ROLI has nearly 400 professional staff working abroad and in its Washington, D.C. office. ABA ROLI’s host country partners include judges, lawyers, bar associations, law schools, court administrators, legislatures, ministries of justice and a wide array of civil society organizations, including human rights groups.