The Field Office Coordination Officer will report to the Head of Field Office Kharkiv. As part of the Operations Department, s/he will contribute to the efficient and effective running of relevant tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Field Office Coordination Officer will be required, in accordance with the EUAM Mandate, Code of Conduct and the General Service Conditions for Locally Contracted Staff Employed by EUAM Ukraine, Serving in Ukraine, to perform the following tasks:
- Liaise with the Head of Field Office Kharkiv in order to ensure the communication on Mission policy and guidelines;
- Assist the Head of Field Office Kharkiv in daily coordination with the Field Offices;
- Assist and prepare daily briefings with information from the Field Offices for his/her Line Manager;
- Provide continuous mapping and analysis of civil society actors’ involvement in CSSR;
- Liaise with the National Analytical Officer to facilitate the coordination of the tasks to be distributed within the Field Offices;
- Perform verbal and written translations of all types of documents, e.g. laws, administrate regulations, presentations, letters, reports etc. from English to Ukrainian and/or Russian language and vice-versa;
- Perform simultaneous and consecutive translations/interpretations from English to Ukrainian and/or Russian language and vice-versa, inter alia at formal and informal meetings for the international staff members of EUAM as assigned;
- Take notes/minutes;
- Collect and analyse relevant information regarding the CSSR process and information contained in communications and publications received from different sources, including all forms of media;
- Draft written analysis, reports and presentations;
- Assist and support his/her Line Manager in the coordination and implementation of projects and trainings;
- Provide support in developing, planning and organising meetings and events with National and International GOs and NGOs on central and local levels;
- Perform administrative duties, draft e-mails, memos, letters and other requested documents as required, utilising the provided filing systems;
- Maintain, develop and file documents and recorded data in appropriate databases, spread sheets and all data-related files;
- Deal with information with confidentiality and discretion;
- Perform any other related tasks as requested by the Line Manager.
Qualifications and experience
- Enjoy full civil rights and do not have criminal record;
- Be in possession of Ukrainian citizenship and/or valid residence and work permits according to Ukrainian laws;
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed on him/her by the laws concerning military service;
- Successful completion of a full course of university studies attested by a degree in Political Science, International Relations, Diplomacy, Law, Public Administration, Social Sciences/Humanities or a closely related field, where the normal duration of university education in the country awarded is three (3) years or more;
- After having obtained the university degree, at least five (5) years of relevant and proven full-time professional experience.
- Be physically fit to perform the duties relating to the post;
- Excellent communication skills of English, Ukrainian and Russian;
- Very good knowledge and experience of Office Suite Package;
- Excellent grasp of regional dynamics and their effects on Ukraine;
- Experience in positions requiring analytical and organizational skills, with a service and project oriented approach;
- Experience of data analysis for preparing reports.
Additional advantageous assets:
- Experience in police/public relations and community outreach is desired;
- Experience of change management, related outreach and consultation, especially in the interface between civilian and uniformed sector, would be a significant advantage;
- Professional experience in an EU and/or International environment;
- Experience of working in an intercultural environment, with respect of diversity.
- Have strong sense of initiative, responsibility and autonomy;
- Willingness to travel to all places in Ukraine as required;
- Maintain the highest levels of confidentiality and discretion when dealing with information;
- Ability to work long hours under harsh field conditions with no limitations in light of irregular working hours;
- Ability to build productive and cooperative working relationships with other staff members;
- Ability to deal helpfully and courteously with people, including outside contacts.
- Please send your application to [email protected]
- Application form to download EUAM_Local_Staff_Application_Form
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email & cover letter (optional but recommended) where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.
REQUEST from ViU:
- vacanciesinukraine.com will appreciate it if you can SHARE this job announcement on social media as we provide our services for FREE for both job seekers and job providers.