: 21/Jan/2021, 5:59:00 PM
Organizational Unit: REUTD
: Non-staff opportunities
Type of Requisition: PSA (Personal Services Agreement)
Grade Level: N/A
Duration: 50 Working days in the period until 30 April 2021
Post Number: N/A
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
Qualified female applicants and qualified nationals of non-and under-represented member countries are encouraged to apply.
Persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
FAO Ukraine is a project management Office headed by the Regional Programme Leader (RPL) under the operational responsibility of the Regional Office for Europe and Central Asia. The Office provides support to Ukraine to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Regional Programme Leader for Europe and Central Asia and the Budget Holder, the direct supervision of the Programme Coordinator and the technical supervision of the Lead Technical Officer and in close coordination with the International Project Coordinator.
The Field Technical Expert on Clusters Development will be responsible for promoting formation and development of clusters, business groups and associations among project beneficiary agricultural MSMEs from prioritized value chains in Luhansk, Donetsk and Zaporizhizhia oblasts.
Tasks and responsibilities
Specifically, the Field Technical Expert on Clusters Development will carry out the following tasks:
- Carry out a review of existing clusters, business groups and associations in the targetted value chains and analyse their effectiveness;
- Provide information, workshops/training on the results of the above analysis;
- Provide project beneficiaries with advice on and support to join existing clusters, business groups or associations or to create new ones;
- Facilitate and support establishment of contacts and communications between project beneficiaries and the clusters/ groups members;
- Support the development a roadmap for the establishment of a food business incubator;
- Provide day-to-day technical consultancy support and guidance to project team leader;
- Prepare monthly progress reports, including the work progress, problems and solutions, next month work plan, and final assignment report on findings, conclusions and recommendations;
- Perform any other related duties as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- University degree in agricultural economics, agribusiness, rural development, social science or related field;
- At least 5 years of experience in the field of private sector and organizational development in agri-food value chains context (development of clusters, business groups and associations);
- Working knowledge of English and/or Russian;
- National of Ukraine or resident in the country with a regular work permit.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus;
- Building Effective Relationships;
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement.
- Good understanding on producer organizations and collective action in agribusiness and rural transformation context;
- Strong knowledge of Ukraine’s socio-economic context and agribusiness associative sector;
- Excellent communication skills.
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
• FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing).
• Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help, or have queries, please contact: [email protected]
• Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.
• Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
• For other issues, visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesinukraine.com/jobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please specify (on the application form & in your cover letter where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.
Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: [email protected]
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT