The purpose of the USAID Economic Resilience Activity is to improve the overall economic resilience of eastern Ukraine. Resilience is “the ability of people, households, communities, countries, and systems to mitigate, adapt to, and recover from shocks and stresses in a manner that reduces chronic vulnerability and facilitates inclusive growth.” This activity aims to improve the economic resilience of eastern Ukraine through accomplishing the following objectives:
- Inclusion: building the capabilities of vulnerable populations to capitalize on entrepreneurial and MSME economic opportunities;
- Growth: helping micro, small and medium businesses innovate, invest, and expand markets; and
- Transformation: working with coalitions and leaders to articulate a vision for the future and put in place a modern, diverse, SME-friendly economy.
By accomplishing these objectives, the economy of eastern Ukraine will be more diversified, more integrated with the rest of Ukraine, less dependent on Russia, and the region’s residents will be better equipped to compete for the jobs of the future, thereby improving the economic resilience of the region. The activity will work primarily in the Donetsk and Luhansk oblast—together known as the “Donbas” region—but will also be active in the surrounding oblasts and throughout Ukraine as required to achieve the objectives.
About the job
The Finance Officer is a key member of the finance team. The role plays a pivotal role in assuring adherence to financial policies, project policies and procedures, regulations, controls, and reporting systems. The Finance Officer provides accounting and financial analysis support to the project office and ensures submission of financial reports based on internal deadlines. This role ensures compliance of all accounting and financial reporting functions; responsible for recording costs and day to day general accounting, accounts receivable/payable, payroll, risk management, managing partner relationships, assuring all backup documentation is audit ready, and troubleshooting accounting issues; also responsible for cash flow analyses, and the overall financial well-being of the project. The Finance Officer is based in Kramatorsk and reports to Finance Manager.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Ensures that accounting policies and practices are carried out in accordance with GAAP standards as well as in accordance with local accounting standards; project internal controls are established and implemented in accordance with DAI policies, USAID rules/regulations and the terms of the contract;
- Conducts daily reviews of backup documentation to ensure completeness, accuracy, and full compliance with DAI’s, USAID regulations and local law requirements;
- Responsible for recording and assigning costs based on approved budget in field accounting system (FAS);
- Verifies accuracy of expenses, and project accounting codes;
- Conducts daily bank payments and ensures request for payments have appropriate approvals;
- Ensures backup documentation is uploaded to relevant system according to set deadlines;
- Uses field accounting system (FAS), cloud software for backup documentation, and DAI’s operations system (TAMIS), etc. regularly;
- Communicates with home office system support teams on troubleshooting technical issues;
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of invoices, advances and reimbursements, checks, and wire transfer payments;
- Audits travel requests and expense reports for accuracy and compliance;
- Ensures the timely deposit of cash receipts
- If applicable, ensures petty cash is maintained according to maximum petty cash policy, and that all petty cash procedures are followed;
- Ensures the safeguard of bank checks, cash receipts, and petty cash;
- Analyzes and reconciles project inventory on a regular basis ensuring that the value/purchase price of projects assets reflected in the inventory register agrees with the total shown in the cumulative Non- Expendable account balance;
- Prepares and submits monthly financial reports for review to Finance Manager and Finance and Operations Director;
- Supports preparation of internal and external audits;
- Reviews employment agreement and modifications and updates salary calculations based on local and company requirements;
- Responsible for maintaining file management systems for soft and hard copy documentation
- Maintains files on procurement/subcontractor documents and modifications as applicable;
- Collects wire requests from field offices and initiates wire requests for project implementation
- Collects payroll requests from field offices and proceeds with salary payments for all project staff. Processes timely and accurate payroll payments for the project and ensures leave balances, and payroll taxes are accurate;
- Ensures that foreign taxes paid, if any, are tracked, recorded, and reported to USAID in accordance with ADS guidelines.
To be successful in this role we expect you to have 4+ of relevant experience and progressive responsibility in finance and accounting, office administration, project operations at the mid-level of an organization
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- BA or MA Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or equivalent;
- 4+ years of relevant experience and progressive responsibility in finance and accounting, office administration, project operations at the mid-level of an organization;
- Demonstrated knowledge of internal controls and audit processes (e.g. procurement, local subcontract agreements, etc.) and experience managing USAID funded projects is preferred;
- Demonstrated report writing skills in English is require
- Good oral and written communication skills in both English and Ukrainian;
- Experience of work in a humanitarian/recovery donors-funded projects;
- Responsibility, independence, attentiveness, ability to handle stress, diligence.
Contract length: 12-months employment agreement with a possibility of extension until August 2024.
Salary Level: We offer competitive market-based salary level for candidates with relevant experience.
Duty station: Kramatorsk
Benefits: all benefits envisaged by Labor Code of Ukraine, corporate medical insurance for employees and immediate family members.
Start date: ASAP
- All applicants must fill in the necessary information about yourself using the link below and attach a cover letter and updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English
— > LINK <—
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover letter where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.
Closing date for applications: 15 March, 2021
For further information about the DAI GLOBAL LLC, please consult our website dai.com
If you want to learn more about Economic resilience Activity, please visit our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ERAUkraine