Title: Finance Manager
Grade Level: 3
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Reports To: Ukraine Director of Operations and Finance
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information.
His/her services will be solicited on a full-time basis to ensure the smooth finance operations of IREX office in Kyiv and provide support to Director of Operations and Finance, Country Management, Programs.
General Duties & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for field expense reporting in QuickBooks (QB); review and submit to Country Director, Chief of Party and Director of Operations & Finance monthly expense reports and payroll spreadsheets to be submitted to HQ in Washington, D.C.
- Compile Ukraine office monthly Wire Requests
- Review program invoices, contracts, local staff TERs, and other payments
- Work with assigned teams to help identify appropriate financial and accounting coding for donor funds, invoices and expenses, and grants.
- Provide supporting documentation for donor reporting as needed
- Payroll: consolidate payroll information from accounting registers into one IREX Payroll Break Down Excel file for QB reporting monthly
- Manage SAP Concur (Ukraine): review Vendors, POs (PAMs) and Invoices, consult and support local team as needed
- Provide SAP Concur User trainings for new Employee and refreshing training as needed
- Maintain staff vacation/sick/compensatory time and assist staff with the Timesheets preparation in Deltek
- Provide Deltek Time & Expense training for new Employee and refreshing training as needed
- Oversee partner subgrants due diligence, pre-agreement activities, financial reporting and provide support for subgrantees as required
- Manage VAT reporting to local tax authorities as required; consult vendors on VAT-exemption for technical assistance projects regulations
- Work closely with Senior Accountant and Finance Officer
- Supervise Finance Assistant
- Other duties as assigned
- Prepare forecast of expenditures for donors as required
- Develop reports to assist in reviewing, monitoring, and analyzing budget data
- Prepare monthly budget-to-actual reports, identify and analyze significant variances, review results and variances with project team
- Assist with preparation of award extensions/budget revisions (CEs, NCEs, Funds Relocation Requests, etc.) for programs/projects in consultation with the Country Director/Director of Programs, Director of Operations & Finance
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree in Finance / Accounting / Audit
- At least 3 years of nonprofit finance experience in a relevant position
- A strong work ethic and attention to details
- Excellent knowledge in Microsoft Office
- Efficiency with QuickBooks software and 1C accounting program
- Experience in developing Budgets according to USG requirements, EU donor requirements
- Must have strong intercultural and communications skills
- Leadership ability
- Proficient level of written and spoken English language is a must
- Must be able to multi-task and maintain a calm, friendly demeanor under stressful situations
- Please send your Resume as an attachment in an email to [email protected]. No telephone inquiries will be accepted.
Application Deadline: September 12, 2021. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.