USAID Economic Resilience Activity (ERA), implemented by DAIGLOBAL LLC, empowers business development in eastern Ukraine. The purpose of the ERA is to improve the overall economic resilience of eastern Ukraine in response to Russian aggression, which has disrupted critical market linkages, catalyzed the economic decline of previously dominant industries, and caused massive population disruption. Resilience is “the ability of people, households, communities, countries, and systems to mitigate, adapt to, and recover from shocks and stresses in a manner that reduces chronic vulnerability and facilitates inclusive growth.”
To strengthen our financial team we are looking for a highly qualified Finance Officer/Accountant for Sievierodonetsk and/or Mariupol office.
You will provide overall financial support to the office, including accounting and financial analysis support to the project office in Mariupol or Sievierodonetsk and will ensure submission of financial reports based on internal deadlines.
About the job
The Finance Officer/Accountant is a key member of the finance team. He/She will play a pivotal role in assuring adherence to financial policies, project policies and procedures, regulations, controls, and reporting systems. This position will ensure compliance of all accounting and financial reporting functions.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Provide cash flow analyses, and the overall financial well-being of the project.
- Responsible for recording costs and day to day general accounting, accounts receivable/payable, payroll, risk management, managing partner relationships, assuring all backup documentation is audit ready, and troubleshooting accounting issues.
- Ensure that accounting policies and practices are carried out in accordance with GAAP standards as well as in accordance with local accounting standards; project internal controls are established and implemented in accordance with DAI policies, USAID rules/regulations and the terms of the contract
- Conduct daily reviews of backup documentation to ensure completeness, accuracy, and full compliance with DAI’s, USAIDregulations and local law requirements
- Responsible for recording and assigning costs based on approved budget in field accounting system (FAS)
- Verify accuracy of expenses, and project accounting codes
- Conduct daily bank payments and ensures request for payments have appropriate approvals
- Ensure backup documentation is uploaded to relevant system according to set deadlines
- Use field accounting system (FAS), cloud software for backup documentation, and DAI’s operations system (TAMIS), etc. regularly
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of invoices, advances and reimbursements, checks, and wire transfer payments
- Audit travel requests and expense reports for accuracy and compliance
- Ensures the timely deposit of cash receipts
- Ensures the safeguard of bank checks, cash receipts, and petty cash
- Prepare and submit monthly financial reports for review to Finance Manager
- Support preparation of internal and external audits
- Review employment agreement and modifications and updates salary calculations based on local and company requirements
- Responsible for maintaining file management systems for soft and hard copy documentation
To be successful in this role we expect you to have 3+ years of relevant experience and progressive responsibility in finance and accounting, office administration, project operations.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- B.A. Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or equivalent.
- Demonstrated knowledge of internal controls and audit processes (e.g. procurement, local subcontract agreements, etc.) and experience managing USAID funded projects is preferred
- Skills in finding and solving problems and attention to detail and multitasking skills;
- Good interpersonal skills, and an ability to succeed in a multi-cultural environment.
- Good oral and written communication skills in both English and Ukrainian;
- Experience of work in a humanitarian/recovery donors-funded projects;
- Responsibility, independence, attentiveness, ability to handle stress, diligence.
Contract length: 12-months employment agreement with a possibility of extension until August 2023.
Salary Level: We offer competitive market-based salary level for candidates with relevant experience.
Duty station: Mariupol or Sievierodonetsk
Benefits: all benefits envisaged by Labor Code of Ukraine, corporate medical insurance for employees and immediate family members.
Start date: February 2020
- All applicants must send a cover letter and updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English to [email protected], please mention in the subject Finance Officer.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email & cover letter where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you found ot about this vacancy.
Closing date for applications: January 24, 2020
For further information about the DAI GLOBAL LLC, please consult our website dai.com
If you want to learn more about Economic resilience Activity, please visit our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ERAUkraine