The Government of Ukraine has received financing from the World Bank acting as administrator of the grant funds provided by the European Commission on behalf of the European Union under the EC – World Bank Partnership Program for Europe and Central Asia Trust Fund (EU Programme for the Reform of Public Administration and Finances (EURoPAF) toward the cost of the Strengthening Public Resource Management Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The Ministry of Finance of Ukraine (“MoF”) is responsible for the implementation of Part B of the Project and, in order to strengthen its capacity with regard to Project implementation, involves through competition an individual consultant (individual consultants) for supporting conduction of the Project financial management in accordance with the World Bank requirements.
The objective of involvement of the Consultant is conduction of the Project financial management in accordance with the World Bank requirements.
The Financial Management Specialist (hereinafter – the Consultant) shall render consulting services Project FM management, as specified in the Terms of Reference which is attached.
The Services are to be rendered by the Consultant remotely and with visits to MoF as needed.
It is envisaged that part-time work will comprise 10 working days per month, depending on the workload. The approximate total number of the Consultant’s working days for fulfillment of the present assignment comprises 30 working days until the March 31, 2021.
The MoF now invites eligible individual international consultants – physical persons (“Candidates”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services in the form of CV (in Ukrainian or English). Interested candidates should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
The candidates shall provide confirmation in the form of references to publicly confirmed and accessible information, or provide copies of relevant documents confirming the respective status or condition (copies of diplomas, rendered contracts on the similar services or reference letters etc.).
Interested Candidates are invited to submit any supplementary documents to evidence that Candidate meets with the qualification criteria for the position of the Consultant.
Mandatory qualification of the Consultant:
- Degree (Master’s or Specialist’s) in finance / economics;
- At least five (5) years’ experience as financial specialist, economist, or accountant;
- Experience of work with the World Bank or other international donors, related to financial management;
- Knowledge of the World Bank policies and procedures related to financial management;
- Knowledge of the English language on the working level (upper-intermediate and higher) and fluent Ukrainian, including knowledge of the economic, legal, financial, or technical terminology related to the Project;
- High level of computer skills, knowledge of MS Office (MS Word, Excel, Power Point), e-mail correspondence, and databases.
The attention of interested Candidates is especially drawn to additional Consultants qualification requirements corresponding to the peculiarities of the assignment, meeting them would be an advantage:
- Experience of work with budget issues in financial management and/or financial accounting;
- Knowledge and practical skills in working with financial management / accounting software.
The attention of interested Candidates is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14,3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers”, July 1, 2016 with revisions as of November 2017 and August 2018”(“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Selection of Individual Consultants method (IC) set out in the Procurement Regulations.
Interested Candidates may obtain further information at the address below during office hours: 10:00 to 18:00.
Contact person: Volodymyr Vorotyuk
Tel: +38 044 206 5773, 380 50 4100340
E-mail: [email protected]ok.com
Expressions of interest must be delivered by mail, fax or e-mail to the address below by 5 pm on December 31, 2020.
For EoIs submission:
Ministry of Finance of Ukraine
Attn: Mrs. Olha Doionko, the State expert of Expert Group for EU Integration, Directorate for Strategic Planning and European Integration
- The letter subject is – “Expression of interest on – MF-IC-5, Financial manager
- E-mail: [email protected] mandatory copy to: [email protected]
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.
Submission Deadline Date/Time: Dec 31, 2020 17:00