The Senior Project Assistant provides administrative and programmatic assistance necessary for the day-to-day coordination and administration of a field office in Ukraine and a portfolio of activities focused on human rights, independent media and freedom of expression. Duties include, but are not limited to, financial reporting and ensuring compliance with local law, internal financial reporting, logistical coordination, basic research and data analysis, basic communications, and programmatic assistance to the assigned portfolio. The Senior Project Assistant will be responsible for independently carrying out day-to-day financial and administrative tasks necessary for maintaining an office in compliance with local requirements and law, and will work closely with the Administrative and Program Officer, who will provide training as necessary, as well as the office accountant.The position is well-suited for someone who seeks to strengthen their office and program administration skills for a career in human rights and humanitarian affairs.
The Senior Project Assistant is a full-time position based in Kyiv, Ukraine and will report to Kyiv Project Director. Applicants must upload a cover letter as well as clearly indicate their desired salary in their application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and administer day-to-day field office tasks necessary for financial reporting as well as procurement of products and services
- Track and update office and program expenditures on a daily basis
- Undertake the ordering, receiving, stocking and distribution of office supplies
- Prepare payment requests in full compliance with Freedom House and donor requirements
- Prepare expense reports for office and program expenditure in compliance with Freedom House, donor, and Ukrainian requirements
- Coordinate logistics for meetings, public events, and travel, including procurement with vendors for meeting space, invitation lists, catering, and travel
- Assist the Kyiv office staff in the implementation of project activities to ensure successful achievement of project objectives and reporting requirements
- Contribute to the preparation of reports, proposals, grants, press releases, news updates, and budgets as required
- Assist with photocopying, scanning, faxing, filing, collating and distributing documents
- Resolve all job-related problems promptly, and escalate unresolved issues as necessary
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required (preferred fields: Human Rights, International Relations, Law, Journalism, Public Communications, Public Administration or similar)
- At least one year of relevant office and program administration experience in a donor-funded NGO/project (preferably US-government funded) required, two years a plus
- Strong ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Professional fluency in Ukrainian and/or Russian, both verbally and in writing
- Knowledge of and experience implementing basic accounting principles and grant-related compliance requirements
- Mastery of MS Office Suite, and ability to accurately type minimum 40 words per minute
- Ability to coordinate travel logistics, meetings, and use of conference facilities
- Ability to accept and complete administrative tasks with a can-do attitude and on-time
- Strong ability to work independently with minimal supervision, plan, organize, prioritize work, and multi task to meet tight deadlines
- Strong ability to apply interpersonal skills, and successfully work in a diverse and multicultural environment with a high degree of ambiguity
- Ability to apply superb attention to detail and consistently produce timely and error-free work
- Excellent time keeping and attendance at all times
- Exhibit excellent phone etiquette, pleasant demeanor, and ethical conduct
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesinukraine.com/ukrainejobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate (on the application form by choosing the ‘other’ and in your cover letter) how (vacanciesinukraine.com) you heard about this job posting.