Freelance Graphic Designer
Special Requirements: Open to all nationalities. Tax registration is a must. Some knowledge of Ukrainian is required.
Reports to: Senior Digital Designer, Editorial Development.
BBC Media Action is the international charity of the BBC that uses media and communications to tackle poverty and contribute to long-term change in developing countries. To achieve this, we partner with civil society, local media and governments to:
· Produce creative content in multi-media formats which inform and engage audiences around key development issues;
· Strengthen the media sector through building professional capacity through effective mentoring and training partnerships.
We do this through our focus on health, governance, resilience and humanitarian response. BBC Media Action is largely funded by external grants, including from the UK’s Department for International Development and other donors.
We are searching for a highly motivated, imaginative, and experienced individual to create and produce graphics for our online learning courses in multimedia newsroom and mobile journalism. Reporting to Senior Digital Designer, you will be responsible for delivering high-quality assets like illustrations, graphics and icons for our online course production.
Knowledge and Skills Required
· Three to five years of experience in graphic design;
· Excellent Adobe CS skills with great knowledge of Photoshop & Illustrator with ability to produce bespoke digitally drawn assets from scratch;
· Ability to design original assets like 2D graphics, illustrations, icons and infographics for online courses;
· Experience designing within branding guidelines and technical specs and ability to maintain brand consistency throughout all assets;
· Knowledge of video formats and social/web specifications
· Ability to work calmly and to tight deadlines within a small team;
· Solutions focused with a “can do” approach;
· A portfolio demonstrating your experience;
· Desirable experience of digital learning platforms.
- Conceptualise, plan, design, and produce a wide range of specialized assets like 2D graphics, illustrations, icons and infographics;
- Work closely with Senior Digital Designer to ensure deadlines and project expectations are met;
· Work closely with Motion Designer and create 2D graphics for animations ;
· Ensure design consistency across all assets.
How to Apply
- Interested candidates should send a CV, a cover letter describing their relevant experience, and a financial proposal that includes their daily rate.
- Applications should be to [email protected]
- Please include the title of the position applied for in the subject line “Freelance Graphic Designer”.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email & cover letter where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this internship posting.
REQUEST from ViU:
- vacanciesinukraine.com will appreciate it if you can SHARE this job announcement on social media as we provide our services for FREE for both job seekers and job providers.