Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in Ukraine?
A traineeship of up to 6 months within the Trade and Economic Section of the EU Delegation to Ukraine, starting in September 2021.
Trade and Economic Section of the Delegation of the European Union in Ukraine is a dynamic and strategic section. Its main task is to monitor trade and eliminate trade barriers between the EU and Ukraine. It is responsible for the implementation of the Deep and Comprehensive Free Trade Area between the EU and Ukraine. The section is also involved in the negotiation and implementation of the balance of payment support to Ukraine (Macro-Financial Assistance).
- to carry out research tasks (including simple economic and data analysis and/or simple legal research);
- to attend and report on events;
- to contribute to the drafting of papers;
- to update the EU Delegation’s website (trade and economic part), English and Ukrainian versions;
- to update the section’s databases, to improve the section’s presentations, etc.
We look for:
Qualifications or special requirements:
- Due to the very evolutive context of the COVID-19 breakthrough, applicants currently residing in Ukraine
- Bachelor degree in economics and related field (e.g. finance) or law;
- Native Ukrainian speaker or excellent knowledge of Ukrainian language;
- Excellent command of English;
- Excellent command of office tools, and in particular of Word, Excel (including graphic tools) and PowerPoint;
- Proven interest in EU affairs;
- Autonomy and rigorousness
How to apply?
- Candidates must apply to the e-mail address [email protected](link sends e-mail) and send the following documents:
- A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV) (CVs in other format will not be considered)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
- Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship – Trade and Economic Section and your SURNAME
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email & cover letter where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.
Important information to read before applying
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
EU candidates currently residing in Ukraine must provide proof that they will be covered against the risk of a pandemic and the costs of repatriation.
The traineeships can only be offered in compliance with the local legislation as well as the legislation of the country of origin. In assessing the applications received, account will need to be taken of the COVID-19 situation and its possible effects on access possibilities to the country of assignment and thus candidates currently residing in country of assignment might be preferred.
The Delegation informs that even if our Headquarters confirm the eligibility of the selected candidate, traineeships could be postponed, suspended or even cancelled considering the very evolving context of the COVID-19 outbreak in the host country as well as in the country of origin. The same rule apply if a selected candidate is unable to reach the country of assignment.