Terms of reference
Developing the Gender Mainstreaming Strategy of EaP CSF – Call for consultants
The Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum is looking for a consultant/ team of consultants to develop the Gender Mainstreaming Strategy (GMS) of the Forum.
The Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum (EaP CSF) is a community of nongovernmental organisations established in 2009, with the support of the European Commission. EaP CSF is open to bona fide non-governmental organisations from the six partner states (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine), as well as to EU member state CSOs which share the objectives of the Forum and are willing to work with EaP NGOs to further promote and develop them.
EaP CSF members are bound to respect the Articles of the Association, internal regulations that stem from the Internal Reform and the recently adopted Code of Ethical Conduct. Ensuring the promotion of diversity, inclusiveness, gender equality and equity is one of the fundamental values shared by the Forum’s members and is central to the fulfillment of EaP CSF’s mission. Currently, the Forum plans to strengthen its approach towards gender mainstreaming that will provide policy guidance and operational support to its members. To fulfill this need, the Steering Committee (SC) invites a consultant to design the Gender Mainstreaming Strategy of the Forum and its priority areas based on the input of Forum’s members.
The NP assessor, who should not be a member of any EaP CSF National Platform, will carry out a rapid assessment of the implementation of the Code of Ethical Conduct of the Forum across six National Platforms (based in Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, and Ukraine) and all the measures stemming from the Internal Reform:
S/he will be responsible for:
preparing a methodology and a guide for evaluation of the implementation of the Ethical Code of Conduct by each NP and all the measures requested by the Internal Reform;
preparing questionnaires, conducting interviews, running short surveys and analysing collected data;
liaising closely with each Code of Ethical Conduct Advisor, NP Facilitators, NP Secretariat, members, Compliance Committee members;
assessing the portfolio of major activities of each NP against the implementation of the Ethical Code of Conduct and all the Internal Reform related measures;
preparing NP-specific reports that briefly present the current situation, showcase good practices and offer an overview of the challenges or limitations faced by each NP in the implementation phase of the NP-related provisions of the Internal Reform;
reporting to NPs’ facilitators and advisors, Steering Committee and its Secretariat;
providing recommendations for the improvement of the implementation process of the NP related provisions of the Internal Reform
Duties, responsibilities and expected results
The selected consultant(s) will work closely with the Steering Committee of EaP CSF and its Secretariat to elaborate the Gender Mainstreaming Strategy of the Forum.
The Consultant will conduct a rapid gender organizational assessment based on the review of the current regulations, practices, and will identify the areas that require a strengthened approach in terms of gender awareness within EaP CSF structural units (i.e. Steering Committee / National Platforms / Working Groups / Secretariat) and their operational procedures and responsibilities. Interviews with at least eight representatives of different structural entities of the EaP CSF will be conducted. Throughout the last three years (2016, 2017, 2018), EaP CSF has funded three regranting projects that have a strong gender component that set the ground for the elaboration of a Gender Mainstreaming Strategy within the National Platforms.
Following the assessment, the Consultant will propose the structure of the strategy that will include, among others, a conceptual framework, goals and strategic objectives (to be achieved within a specific timeframe i.e. 2020 – 2025), institutional settings, working and communication methods. The Consultant will come up with recommendations on how to address current statutory or operational shortcomings that may prevent the Forum from the full implementation of the Strategy.
Due to the transversal nature of the Gender Mainstreaming Strategy of the Forum, all EaP CSF bodies will actively support and contribute in accordance with their role to the achievement of the strategic objectives of the Strategy.
All the communication related to the elaboration of the Strategy will be conducted in English. Upon adoption, the final product will be available in English and Russian; it will be available for translation in the local languages spoken in the six EaP partner countries.
The final strategy will be adopted at the General Assembly of the EaP CSF.
- EaP CSF regranting project final report (2018): “Enhancing capacity of National Platforms of EaP CSF to implement gender equality and non–discrimination policies” (EN)/ (RU)
- EaP CSF regranting project final report (2017): “Manual for applying gender audit in the Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum” (EN)/ (RU)
- EaP CSF regranting project final report (2016): “Developing a single strategy on Gender Equality issues of the Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum” (EN)
Required expertise and eligibility criteria
Qualifications and skills
- Postgraduate university degree or equivalent with relevant work experience in gender studies or equivalent (political science/ international relations/ development studies, etc.);
- Good understanding of organizational structures operations and policies of non-governmental organisations and familiarity with EaP CSF processes and structures;
- Good understanding of the challenges and limitations, as well as opportunities of nongovernmental organisations to integrate gender mainstreaming in their activity (operations/ programmes/ policies/ structure/ internal and external communication/ overall practices);
- Up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge of international/ regional agreements and initiatives on gender equality and equity, with a focus on the Eastern Partnership region;
- 5-7 years’ experience in advising international organisations and particularly NGOs on gender mainstreaming processes and in undertaking organizational gender assessment diagnosis;
- Strong writing and communication skills in English.
- Recruitment phase:
- Launch of the call for applications: September 23, 2019 o Applications deadline: October 15, 2019 o Selection: October 18, 2019
- Signature of the contract with the selected consultant: October 22, 2019
- Rapid assessment of the current EaP CSF practices: by November 10, 2019
- First draft of the strategy: by November 25, 2019, at the latest o Comments by the SC/ Gender Task Force by November 30, 2019 Final draft of the strategy: December 2019/ January 2020
Expected workload: 8 – 10 working days
Location of the assignment: home-based
The current assignment does not involve travelling to the Eastern Partnership Countries.
Qualified candidates are invited to apply by Tuesday, October 15, 2019, 18h00 CET by sending the following documents to [email protected] (Subject line: EaP CSF – GMS application)
- CV (maximum 2 pages, in English)
- Motivation letter (maximum 1 page, in English)
- Methodology (maximum 2 pages, explaining how the work will be conducted)
- Financial proposal (specifying a total lump sum amount for the task specified in this call)
EaP CSF applies fair and transparent recruitment process that will take into account both the expertise and skills of the applicants, as well as their financial proposal.
For any additional information, please contact [email protected]
- In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on vacanciesinukraine.com.
- Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web vacanciesinukraine.com.