USAID/Ukraine Energy Security Project
The Energy Security Project (ESP) is a five-year project funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), implemented by Tetra Tech, a California-based leading provider of services in the areas of water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
The ESP mission is to enhance Ukraine’s energy security, to improve the energy legal and regulatory environment in the country, and to increase the resilience of Ukraine’s energy supply. This will help to support country’s economic development and sustain its democracy. ESP is working closely with the Government of Ukraine (GOU) to develop competitive energy markets. By doing so, ESP will facilitate private sector-led energy investments to provide affordable, reliable, resilient, and secure energy for all Ukrainians.
Tetra Tech ES, Inc. is looking to fill in the position of Grants Manager to be primary responsible for finalizing the design of the grant awards, negotiating them with applicants, and preparing documents for the ESP management and USAID approvals. The Grants Manager will be also engaged in drafting ESP calls for proposals. This is a full-time position, based in Kyiv, Ukraine. This position will report to the Procurement and Grants Director.
- Liaise with applicants to finalize the design of the grant award, including grant activities, timelines, budget, budget notes, milestones, type of grant, other terms;
- Conduct pre-award survey, due diligence, FFA eligibility, other checks, prepare relevant documents;
- Ensure compliance of the grant award with the policies, practices and procedures related to grants indicated in the grants manual and USAID regulations;
- Prepare documents for the ESP management and USAID approvals, including Neg Memo, Request for Approval, other relevant documents;
- Prepare Grant Agreements, modifications, ensure they are properly signed;
- Hold kick-off meetings for grantees;
- Maintain close coordination with grantees during implementation of grants;
- Assist in program monitoring and evaluation under grant management policies and practices;
- Collect and review grantees’ reports, track milestones, compliance, timelines and deliverables;
- Maintain accurate grants records in the database;
- Manage disbursements within the approved budget, prepare regular projections;
- Organize grants close-out and ensure a proper grants documentation saving;
- Draft calls for proposals (Annual Program Statements, Requests for Application) in coordination with the ESP Technical Leads;
- Support with evaluation process of concepts/applications submitted in response to open calls for proposals, when needed;
- Communicate best practices in award compliance to ensure that program staff and grantees understand and adhere to relevant USAID and the grant policies;
- Prepare regular reports on grantee performance and signal any significant delays or other issues that impact implementation;
- Notify the supervisor of any grantee project not able to meet their obligations and work to remedy these situations as they arise;
- Perform additional tasks as assigned by the supervisor;
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Management, Business Administration, or relevant; Master’s preferred;
- 3-7 years of relevant experience in grants;
- Prior experience with USAID-funded projects is strongly preferred, ideally in the position of Grants Manager;
- Proven experience in the design of the grant award, budget development, preparing grants documents;
- Familiarity with the Ukrainian Energy Sector is a plus;
- Ability to get things done, strong proactive position;
- Ability to effectively use computer software including the full Microsoft Office suite;
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment;
- Excellent organizational skills to meet deadlines;
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written;
- Fluency in English, Ukrainian and Russian are required.
To apply please submit your CV in English and a cover letter with the title of the position in the subject line to [email protected]
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email & cover letter where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.
There is no deadline associated with this position, Tetra Tech may fill the position when a qualified person is found.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
To find more about USAID Energy Security Project, follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/usaidesp/.