DAI is a global development company with corporate offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, EU, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Palestine and project operations worldwide. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. DAI works on the frontlines of global development. Transforming ideas into action—action into impact. We are committed to shaping a more livable world. DAI and its employees are committed to confronting racism and holding ourselves accountable for positive change within the company and in the communities, cultures, and countries in which we live and work. DAI is committed to attracting and retaining the best employees from all races and backgrounds in our continued effort to become a better development partner. DAI upholds the highest ethical standards. We are committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment as well as other ethical breaches. All of our positions are therefore subject to stringent vetting and reference checks.
DAI is seeking qualified candidates for full-time Grants Officer position in Lviv, Poltava and Lutsk to join USAID Governance and Local Accountability (HOVERLA) Activity’s team.
- Project Background
The purpose of the HOVERLA activity is to facilitate the creation of Ukrainian local governance systems and processes that are more self-reliant, accountable to citizens, inclusive and able to provide services. The Activity has three objectives:
- Objective 1: Ukraine’s system of local self-governance is increasingly institutionalized and effective
- Objective 2: More self-reliant subnational governance
- Objective 3: Citizens play an increasingly influential role in local governance processes
- Position Overview
The Grants Officer is a member of the grants management team and is responsible for proficiently managing and administering a sizable and complex array of grants. The Grants Officer administers the grantee selection process in full compliance with USAID and DAI rules and regulations, leads in the provision of technical and administrative support in building capacity of local sub‐grantees to effectively manage grants and oversees implementation of grant awards.
- Objectives and Duties
Grants Due Diligence:
- Work closely with program technical teams and Grants Director to identify grant concepts into implementable solutions (including solicitations) to further work plan objectives.
- Administer the grantee selection process to ensure that policies and procedures are upheld as outlined in the approved Grants Manual and HOVERLA Field Operations Manual.
- Assist in the process and development of calls for proposals and participate in subsequent review processes.
- Consult the technical teams in preparing a clear and comprehensive grant SOW/application with eligible grantees.
- Analyze and evaluate grant applications and vendors, proposals and awards to ensure adherence to grants management policies.
- Negotiate grant terms, specific conditions, standard provisions, and budgets with selected grantees.
- Measure grantee financial and management capacity and propose implementation strategies.
- Review and analyze budget estimates for allowability, allocability, reasonableness, and consistency for proposed activities in coordination with the proposed local partners. The Grants Officer will ensure adherence to budget lines and that quantity and frequency/period of performance are in line with activity design.
- Review and assess the capacity of a prospective grantee to manage the type of grant considered, make recommendations to the technical teams and Grants Director on the appropriate grant type and suggest special conditions.
- Co-develop capacity building plans for grantees, as appropriate.
- Draft all grant agreements for signature by the Chief of Party or designee and ensure that all associated documentation has been completed by the relevant parties.
Grant Agreement Administration:
- Maintain all required grants management documentation and ensure entry of grants information in DAI’s electronic management system (TAMIS and SharePoint) from solicitation to grant close-down.
- Manage and consult with the technical teams to ensure deliverables are verified and approved.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable USAID grants-under contract regulations, the approved Grants Manual, USAID regulations and DAI internal grants management procedures and forms.
- Provide continuous assessments of grantee performance delivery against project objectives through regular review of grantee progress towards deliverables and milestones, escalate issues to Technical Leads and Grants Director for troubleshooting.
- Monitor the grant financials to ensure that grant expenditures are in accordance with the grant ceilings. Take proactive steps to ensure compliance.
- Provide procedures and policy guidance and interpretation for grantees to ensure adherence to their grant agreement.
- Review all requests for payment or reimbursement for accuracy, compliance, and sufficient detail to ensure compliance with the grant agreement; submit requests for payment to the Finance department for payment.
- Provide regular updates for staff on grant implementation.
- Maintain meticulous electronic grant records in the project management system as per checklists, project record map and procedures.
- Work closely with the grantee, the technical teams, and the Grants Director to ensure timely closeout, disposition, and final reports for grants.
Monitoring & Evaluation:
- Support gathering feedback from grant recipients for monitoring, evaluation and learning purpose.
- Conduct necessary data collection and provide required information and data to monitoring and evaluation department in required format.
- As necessary, perform site visits to monitor Grantee’s Performance.
- As needed conduct financial and programmatic audits of grantee during implementation.
- Prepare accurate and timely progress reports on a quarterly basis and contribute to preparation of annual reports.
- Oversee implementation of the award through the review of reports, correspondence, site visits, etc.
- Serve as the point of contact for all official communication dealing with grant recipient.
- Process all grant agreements modifications, suspension and termination actions and maintaining control the grant records in TAMIS.
- Keep respective activity records in DAI corporate system (TAMIS).
- Maintain with the Grants team grant trackers and internal price reasonableness analysis tools.
- Other duties as assigned by the Grants Director or Chief of Party that are consistent with the overall focus of the assignment.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in international business and grants management, with experience in USAID grants management preferred.
- Demonstrated record of achieving results in grants management with international development programs.
- Fluency in English is preferred, fluency in Ukrainian is required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and written and oral communication skills.
- An extremely well organized and self-directed individual with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment, and strong operational focus.
Interested candidates should submit their application through the following portal:
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover letter where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.
Applications will be accepted until August 16, 2021. Due to a high volume of applications received, we are unable to contact each applicant individually regarding the status of their application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted in response to this job advertisement.