Chemonics International Inc.
is looking for a qualified professional to fill the position
The five-year USAID Democratic Governance East Activity (DG East) aims to strengthen the connection and trust between citizens and their government in eastern Ukraine by promoting an inclusive civic identity, common civic value and a unified Ukraine by addressing the divisive impacts of Russia’s aggression, cases of far-right Ukrainian nationalism, and the consequences of ongoing armed conflict through increased citizen participation, improved service delivery and more responsive governance. DG East’s purpose is to “strengthen the connection and trust between citizens and their government in eastern Ukraine” and methodology is to (1) develop greater acceptance of a shared civic culture based on common values and understandings, and (2) increase participation to improve Ukraine’s governance and reform processes and help to resolve community problems. DG East will provide opportunities for citizens to engage with their government, provide government with resources to support their citizens, and create opportunities for citizens of Ukraine to create hope in their future and positive changes in their daily lives.
USAID Democratic Governance East Activity (DG East) seeks a qualified professional with demonstrated and proven experience in graphic design (Graphic Designer) to support programmatic interventions of DG East. Selected professional will provide graphic design services for print and digital marketing and promotional materials, programmatic leaflets, designing promotional templates for newsletters, based on existing branding and marking plan and following brand book guidance, incorporating its elements into designed products.
Title: Local Consultant on Graphic Design
Length of Assignment: Short-term
Estimated LOE: up to 60 LOE
Assignment Location: Kyiv
Dates: o/a July 01-September 30, 2020
Principle duties & responsibilities:
Graphic Designer should have extensive experience with Adobe Creative Suite – InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator (but not limited to), and ensure the highest standards of designs and finished artwork are incorporated into a range of print marketing materials, including some digital requirements. By accurately interpreting briefs, Graphic Designer will work and present creative solutions that clearly communicate key messages, make a strong visual impact and are a consistent expression of DG East’s identity across our areas of programming.
DG East will engage Graphic Designer for the initial period of up to three months on as needed basis with a possibility of extension.
To be considered for an interview, the candidate will be expected to present:
- A minimum of 3 (three) years of experience in the graphic design sphere for advertising, design, marketing. Understanding of NGO sphere is a preference but not a must;
- Link to the portfolio that characterizes your stylistic approaches towards implementing requested scope of work; submit at least two one-page samples of work in In-Design;
- Expertise in Design programs, including but not limited to Adobe design programs-InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.;
- Attention to detail, ability to execute multiple projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines;
- Constant creativity and innovation, ability to transform comprehensive texts into appealing info graphic and other products;
- Ability to explain and defend your graphic design solutions;
- Ability to create, compose, and edit materials as requested to fit specific goals;
- Ability to estimate the time of work and keep within the deadline, work in a fast-paced environment and within a large team;
- Working proficiency in English is a plus.
- Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to [email protected] with the subject line: “Graphic Designer-KYV” by 18:00 on Friday, June 19, 2020. No telephone inquiries, please. Only selected candidates will be contacted and shortlisted for an interview.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.
“Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.”
REQUEST from ViU:
- vacanciesinukraine.com will appreciate it if you can SHARE this job announcement on social media as we provide our services for FREE for both job seekers and job providers.