Ukrainian Red Cross Society (URCS) opens position of Health Manager
Health Manager’s position is in the IFRC Country Office in Ukraine, Europe Regional Office, based in Kyiv, Ukraine. IFRC Office in Ukraine supports Ukrainian Red Cross Society (URCS) in mobilizing international resources for programs and emergency operations, assisting with technical capacities, supporting the NS in building, and strengthening institutional and technical capacities. IFRC Head of Country Office acts, in accordance with the Legal Status Agreement with the government of Ukraine, as a Representative to the public authorities.
The Health Manager will support Ukrainian Red Cross Society (URCS) in scaling-up of Health and Care programs in Ukraine with a specific focus on strengthening RC/RC activities that address issues to meet the health needs of vulnerable communities.
To support URCS in the high-quality and evidenced-based implementation of the plan of action in the NS COVID-19 response emergency operation by providing high quality technical and operational health guidance, and coordination with health actors while contributing to the Emergency Appeal overall goals.
- An Advanced University Degree in medicine, public health, global/international health, epidemiology, or other health related sciences is required.
- 3-5 years health programme management experience; experience with a humanitarian organisation working in developing country setting; public health experience.
- Eexperience in responding to health (in) emergencies, preferably epidemics.
- Familiarity with current international health standards and guidelines.
- Excellent stress management skills.
- Demonstrated accountability.
- Good communication and report writing skills.
- Able to work independently and as part of the team.
- Ability to work well in a multicultural team.
- Self-supporting in IT
Job duties and responsibilities
Support to the National Society:
- Support the URCS in the assessment, planning, implementation of various community health components to reduce the vulnerability of the community.
- Further, promote and assist in ensuring that health priorities and interventions with and for the most vulnerable people are integrated with other programming and other relevant thematic interventions.
- Support the URCS in ensuring that all interventions are based on frameworks and approaches that are consistent with or have considered national and international standards and guidelines, as well as IFRC policies, guidelines and tools.
- Support, assist and guide URCS Health counterparts and colleagues in understanding, establishing and rolling out activities based on the following priorities: health in emergencies, community-based health with special focus on TB, HIV, IDUs healthy ageing and healthy life style using existing Movement tools and approaches (e.g. CBHFA).
- Support implementation of health components of the NS COVID-19 response Country Plans, as a part of Europe Regional Health and Care Team and Regional COVID-19 Team.
- Provide technical and operational support and guidance to URCS COVID-19 response health staff to build capacity of communities and the National Society in the key areas of COVID-19 public health epidemic response actions, including community-based surveillance, health and hygiene promotion, mental health and psychosocial support, risk communication, contact tracing, screening, testing, quarantine and isolation for cases not requiring clinical care.
- Plan and supervise the ongoing development of health literacy and community-based COVID- 19 response actions by the NS and support integration and expansion of the activity in conjunction with relevant stakeholders.
- Provide progress reports on results against objectives and risk analysis.
- Improve team efficiencies and effectiveness within available resources.
- Foster a customer service-oriented culture that values proactivity, continuous improvement, innovation, high performance and cost effectiveness.
- Actively monitor programs/projects to support quality implementation.
- Ensure that IFRC health financial resources, stocks and equipment are managed correctly and efficiently.
- Ensure program accountability, financial due diligence, integrity.
- Contribute into the situation reports, weekly update and other type of reporting for IFRC ROE, donors and other partners to keep them informed on program progress.
- Ensure that planning and reporting requirements are met in a timely and efficient manner.
Coordination and representation:
- Contribute to internal and inter-agency health coordination.
- Collaborate with all partners of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, I/NGO partners, donors.
- Align on policies, strategies and best practices and approaches on global health security and related issues to support program development planning, management, implementation and delivery of results.
- Support URCS in developing and implementing operational standards, tools and procedures that ensure quality, consistency and sustainability of health interventions supported/funded by different Movement and external health partners.
- Together with URCS, represent IFRC in health coordination meetings and forums, involving national authorities, national and international agencies, donors, other water and sanitation partners in the country.
This is a full-time position and will work primarily (9.00 AM – 6.00 PM).
- Please send your resume with the position to the following address: [email protected],
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.