The purpose of the USAID Economic Resilience Activity is to improve the overall economic resilience of eastern Ukraine. Resilience is “the ability of people, households, communities, countries, and systems to mitigate, adapt to, and recover from shocks and stresses in a manner that reduces chronic vulnerability and facilitates inclusive growth.” This activity aims to improve the economic resilience of eastern Ukraine through accomplishing the following objectives:
- Inclusion: building the capabilities of vulnerable populations to capitalize on entrepreneurial and MSME economic opportunities;
- Growth: helping micro, small and medium businesses innovate, invest, and expand markets; and
- Transformation: working with coalitions and leaders to articulate a vision for the future and put in place a modern, diverse, SME-friendly economy.
By accomplishing these objectives, the economy of eastern Ukraine will be more diversified, more integrated with the rest of Ukraine, less dependent on Russia, and the region’s residents will be better equipped to compete for the jobs of the future, thereby improving the economic resilience of the region. The activity will work primarily in the Donetsk and Luhansk oblast—together known as the “Donbas” region—but will also be active in the surrounding oblasts and throughout Ukraine as required to achieve the objectives.
To strengthen our operations team, we are looking for a qualified HR Officer. The Human Resources Officer will guide the process of recruitment of independent consultant from creation a scope of work through issuing an Independent Consultant Agreement (ICA) and maintaining, verifying, and recording all hiring and performance related data and documentation in internal data recording system. The HR Officer will be based in one of the ERA offices in Mariupol/Kramatorsk/Sievierodonetsk and report to HR Manager.
As an HR Officer your main tasks will be:
- Ensure compliance with DAI policies, support the hiring procedure and recruitment of national consultants in ERA in close coordination with HR Manager and hiring manager ensuring that recruitment is done as per DAI Field Operational Manual and USAID operational standards and policies;
- Review and amend Scope of Work in coordination with the Technical Lead for completeness and clarity;
- Identify recruitment strategy with the Technical Lead, set up selection process and lead the interviews for the candidates;
- Verify Employee Biographical Data sheet, Review and check the top candidate’s references and EBD related documents;
- Draft ICA and submit for approval along with the package of recruitment documents;
- Create personnel file in internal database on the ICA, upload all documentation collected and prepared;
- Send out notifications to non-selected candidates about keeping their records in the database for future assignments;
- Complete Oracle ID Request Form for payment procedure;
- Process payment requests as deliverables are received from the ICA, add documentation to the assignment record in TAMIS;
- Other HR duties as required by senior management.
To be successful in this role we expect you to have a proven knowledge of the HR management process with at least five years of work experience in recruitment, salary negotiations, employee performance management, and personnel documentation compliance and audit. We also expect you to have a proven experience to bring a people service capability, thereby able to help uncover problems and develop solutions. You will apply your expertise in recruiting highly qualified consultants from different the sectors, to help develop a truly impactful, transformative and resilient economy in eastern Ukraine.
In this position, you are expected to share the DAI four core values:
- Integrity: commit to civil and ethical behavior, play by the rules, and do the right thing;
- Responsibility: be accountable to clients, partners, grant recipients, beneficiaries, colleagues, and communities where we work. If you fall short, you own up, fix the problem, and get it right the next time;
- Excellence: adhere to the highest technical and professional standards in innovation, learning, and service;
- Global Citizenship: respect the cultural diversity and treat everyone everywhere with professionalism and dignity to make the world a better place.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Human Resources Management or related field;
- At least 5 years work experience in Human Resources;
- An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and appropriate professional image;
- Extremely well organized and self-directed with sound analytical ability, good judgment, and strong operational focus;
- Computer literate with e-mail, word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation experience;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work as part of a team;
- Fluency in English and Ukrainian is required.
- Experience with USAID or other international donors will be a significant advantage;
- Similar clerical positions will be considered in lieu of HR experience;
- Experience working in Eastern Ukraine preferred.
Contract length: 12-months employment agreement with possibility of extension until August 2024.
- Please visit our application on-line
Be prepared to upload a cover letter and updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover letter where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.
Closing date for applications: March 15, 2021
For further information about the DAI GLOBAL LLC, please consult our website dai.com
If you want to learn more about Economic resilience Activity, please visit our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ERAUkraine