Chemonics International Inc.
is looking for a qualified professional to fill the position
Human Resources Specialist.
The five-year USAID Democratic Governance East Activity (DG East) aims to strengthen the connection and trust between citizens and their government in eastern Ukraine by promoting an inclusive civic identity, common civic value and a unified Ukraine by addressing the divisive impacts of Russia’s aggression, cases of far-right Ukrainian nationalism, and the consequences of ongoing armed conflict through increased citizen participation, improved service delivery and more responsive governance. DG East’s purpose is to “strengthen the connection and trust between citizens and their government in eastern Ukraine” and methodology is to (1) develop greater acceptance of a shared civic culture based on common values and understandings, and (2) increase participation to improve Ukraine’s governance and reform processes and help to resolve community problems. DG East will provide opportunities for citizens to engage with their government, provide government with resources to support their citizens, and create opportunities for citizens of Ukraine to create hope in their future and positive changes in their daily lives. The position will be based in Kyiv.
The level of effort of this assignment is 45 days of LOE during the period from on/about October 1, 2021 through December 31, 2021.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Maintain, and oversee human resource management process for the project, including onboarding and offboarding performance monitoring and review, and human resource issue management.
- Lead the preparation of all personnel approvals and deliverable submission to USAID, working closely with technical staff and Office Managers in all offices.
- Serve as a go-to expert on all human resource matters for the project.
- Coordinate recruitment activities such as posting job announcements, long list and shortlist development, coordinating interviews, filing all interview records, processing selected candidates (e.g., biographical data form processing and verification) in preparation for USAID approval and submission, preparing labor and local Independent Consultant agreements.
- Cooperate with GDIP on HR (short and long-term employees) related documents.
- Coordinate documents flow related to HR matters, including tracker and SharePoint documentation updates and maintenance.
- Assist in the implementation of a human resource program in the areas of employee relations, benefits and welfare administration, policies and procedures.
- Coordinate employees’ performance management, assessment and improvement initiatives, as needed.
- Process staff leave applications and manage leaves of absence as per leave policy.
- Coordinate a health employee insurance in collaboration with the Finance Manager and the Accountant.
- Support employee issue resolution in line with Chemonics International Inc. Field Personnel Manual.
- Maintain personnel and consultant records and ensure that all are properly updated on a routine basis and kept confidential.
- Provide guidance and counseling to staff on HR related issues.
- Ensure that the Chemonics International Inc. Field Personnel Manual and administrative policies, procedures, and manuals are disseminated and understood by all staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Deputy Chief of Party.
- University degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Project Management or related disciplines.
- Minimum of three (3) years working experience in a human resources position in a public or private sector organization, development NGO and/or international development partner organization.
- Strong working knowledge of Human Resources principles and accepted practices.
- A good understanding of local labor laws, employment practices, industrial relations and familiarity with USAID rules and regulations.
- Strong leadership capabilities including organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to form effective working relationships at all levels.
- High level of computer literacy.
- Ability to work independently, to prioritize multiple work assignments in an extremely fast-paced environment, to meet deadlines, and to exercise good, professional judgment that reflects positively on the image of the DG East program.
- Sensitivity to cultural difference and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding Human Resources Management.
- Ability to manage sensitive issues and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to [email protected] with HRS-Kyiv listed in the subject line by September 27, 2021. No telephone inquiries, please. Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis, and only finalists will be contacted.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.
“Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.”