The purpose of the USAID Economic Resilience Activity is to improve the overall economic resilience of eastern Ukraine. Resilience is “the ability of people, households, communities, countries, and systems to mitigate, adapt to, and recover from shocks and stresses in a manner that reduces chronic vulnerability and facilitates inclusive growth.” This activity aims to improve the economic resilience of eastern Ukraine through accomplishing the following objectives:
- Inclusion: building the capabilities of vulnerable populations to capitalize on entrepreneurial and MSME economic opportunities;
- Growth: helping micro, small and medium businesses innovate, invest, and expand markets; and
- Transformation: working with coalitions and leaders to articulate a vision for the future and put in place a modern, diverse, SME-friendly economy.
By accomplishing these objectives, the economy of eastern Ukraine will be more diversified, more integrated with the rest of Ukraine, less dependent on Russia, and the region’s residents will be better equipped to compete for the jobs of the future, thereby improving the economic resilience of the region. The activity will work primarily in the Donetsk and Luhansk oblast—together known as the “Donbas” region—but will also be active in the surrounding oblasts and throughout Ukraine as required to achieve the objectives.
About the job
The ICT Officer establishes and monitors the project IT infrastructure and supports implementation of new hardware and software for program operations or basic upgrades. He manages the ICT network and computer equipment for the project and is responsible for the proper maintenance and functioning of the server and other equipment. Also, the ICT Officer ensures that IT-related support to ERA beneficiaries/grantees is timely, compliant with USAID regulations, and implemented using best practices in ICT. The ICT Officer works in a team environment and coordinates efforts with the DCOP on Operations, Grants Director, and Grants and IT team.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- ICT Support coordination for office:
- Manage ICT Assistant to support ICT project implementation;
- Supervise the server and server application maintenance (hardware integration, server installation and maintenance, LAN and WAN connectivity, Lotus Domino and messaging system, FTP services, WSUS);
- Supervise maintenance of the hardware and software in the project office, including wireless access;
- Provide advise on IT support for systems, including helping project staff with computer-related problems, requests or questions;
- Resolve it-related issues with network connection, troubleshoot and maintain service reports;
- Coordinate and follow up with DAI HO IT to resolve replication and other issues;
- Coordinate user management for all staff and maintain confidentiality of all passwords and other restricted information;
- Maintain the project server, located in the project office. Ensure that the server is being regularly backed up and functioning properly;
- Provide technical expertise, including inputs for solicitations and participating in evaluation committees for IT related procurements as necessary;
- Work with the Administration Procurement Assistant to maintain a list of the project’s IT related inventory;
- Coordinate checking systems in order to optimize performance and to initiate recovery action after system failures;
ICT Support for Grants and Construction:
- Visit beneficiary institutions to conduct ICT assessments per DAI procedures to assess existing ICT systems, human resources, and the needs of potential beneficiary institutions;
- Determine possibility and strategy for integrating legacy systems into proposed donated ICT systems;
- Provide detailed ICT Assessment Reports with recommendations;
- Propose solutions, specifications and configurations for ICT donations to support various grantees in coordination with DAI Home Office team and per DAI standards;
- Provide guidance, advice and explanation to the ERA Management Team on proposed solutions;
- Prepare ICT implementation plans, training methodology and plans per DAI standards, and procedures while working to ensure ICT project sustainability;
- Coordinate implementation of proposed ICT solutions, projects, and training events;
- Provide ICT policies and procedures documentation drafts for beneficiaries if none exists, or suggest improvements in current policies and procedures;
- Oversee inventory of donated equipment, software and other solutions maintained by ERA administration & grants staff;
- Coordinate procurement and ICT implementation plans with and help mitigate risks;
- Provide and implement Change Control Plans where necessary;
- Coordinate ICT implementation with representatives of the beneficiary institutions and provide implementation reports;
- Build capacity of the local ICT specialists to enable proper follow up on ICT activities;
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years’ experience working in an ICT administration position.
- Experience with USAID-funded projects preferred.
- Knowledge of Windows Server & Windows Client operating systems.
- Knowledge of Windows network services: AD, DNS, DHCP, WSUS, Print and file sharing.
- Accuracy in working with large amounts of data
- Ability to respond effectively to time sensitive demands & inquiries
- Demonstrated expertise in Microsoft Office Suite, Lotus Notes Client Administration
- Demonstrated strong problem- solving skills as well as exceptional customer relations
- Excellent organizational skills with a willingness to take initiative and be proactive
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple responsibilities
- Extremely well organized and self-directed individual
- Fluency in English is required
Contract length: 12-months employment agreement with a possibility of extension until August 2024.
Salary Level: We offer competitive market-based salary level for candidates with relevant experience.
Duty station: Kramatorsk
Benefits: all benefits envisaged by Labor Code of Ukraine, corporate medical insurance for employees and immediate family members.
Start date: May 2020
- All applicants must fill in the necessary information about yourself using the link below and attach a cover letter and updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English
—> LINK <—
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover letter where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.
Closing date for applications: 20 April, 2021
For further information about the DAI GLOBAL LLC, please consult our website dai.com
If you want to learn more about Economic resilience Activity, please visit our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ERAUkraine